Bed board and staffing coordinator is responsible for all patient flow activity for the day to day operation, and responsible for staffing management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Assist all House Supervisors to carry out their duties safely, timely, compassionately and efficiently
2) Directly communicates with physicians and other members of management to resolve conflict or other issues quickly and effectively, contacting Administrator on call as necessary. Ensures patient throughput and placement of patients.
3) Continually evaluates the efficiency of patient flow, staffing patterns and other operations to assess opportunities for improved patient care.
4) Communicates information to all health care team members regarding patient care and outcomes.
5) Promotes and provides a safe environment for staff and patients.
6) Responsible for bedboard management including but not limited to 'throughput", utilization of patient dash board, and "Bed Ready" system.
7) Work with house supervisors to ensure the patient placement as per the guidelines and hspital policy.
8) Help House Supervisors with internal and external patient transfers.
9) Help House Supervisors to staff all nursing departments appropriately as per staffing matrix and special request.
10) Flex the nursing staff as warrented.
11) Follow chain of command to keep the patients and staff safe at all time.