· Maintaining flow of patient check-in, verifying demographic and insurance information database.
· Assuring accuracy of patient charts
· Assisting with answering phones, taking messages and assisting with patient and staff inquiries.
· Responding to business office requests for patient account corrections and/or maintenance, in a timely manner.
· Scheduling appointments for patients in accordance with physician guidelines.
· Posting charges, payments and adjustments into computer timely and accurately
· Collecting time of service payment amounts; collecting prior balance amounts
· Performing other duties as assigned
Candidates will possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Work history will include 1-3 years of medical office experience and demonstrated ability to: provide excellent customer service, provide front desk & all clerical support for the department, input & verification of patient charges, answering telephone, entering data, ordering forms & supplies and other general office duties.
***This position will travel between the Tyler, Whitehouse, Lindale, and Lake Palestine clinics. ***
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.