DEPARTMENT: Business Intelligence Advanced Analytics
WORK SCHEDULE: Days
WORK TYPE: Flex (0.1 FTE)
Responsible for assisting with tasks related to project completion including analysis, testing, documentation, problem resolution and implementation of solutions as they apply to the organization's strategy.
Requires a major in Information Science, Business, or other relevant analytical/data field.
Responsible for assisting with and performing tasks related to report development including specification preparation, design, testing, validation, analysis and maintenance for all clinical reporting projects.
Responsible for assisting with the support of Division of Quality and Safety computer applications.
Reports to the Director, Quality Metrics and Analytics. Works in close cooperation with other staff members and leadership.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists with technical design specifications, application code, report code, test plans, test results, and performing data validation.
2. Assist in supporting Quality and Safety computer applications/reports while maintaining an issue list and solve problems as they occur.
3. Assists with training users on the use of new applications/reports including the development of inclusion/exclusion criteria and helpful training materials.
4. Develops a strong understanding of assigned applications including the completion of training and gaining an understanding of the current environment and bring aware of future enhancements and their impact.
5. Develops a level of understanding of the processes involved in creating and maintaining specific detail-oriented reports from various data systems such as DSS, MIDAS, Epic/Clarity, QualityAdvisor, Press Ganey, etc. Assists with data extraction, manipulation, interpretation, analysis and translation to more non-technical staff/customers.
7. Assists in ensuring accuracy and validity of data used in all reports and analysis.
8. Works closely with other analysts to determine reporting needs and requirements. Ensures that requested reports are created accurately and in a timely manner. Educates the requester of any complexities associated with the data requests. Suggests proactively other alternatives to achieve an equal or better end result if possible.
9. Assists in performing trend analysis, projections and graphical presentations of pertinent results when appropriate.
10. Assists in providing documentation (such as report specifications and data dictionaries) of all reports developed as assigned or requested.
11. Adheres to Geisinger Health System Security policies and ensures that staff/end-users uphold these same policies.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of staff/management within and beyond the organization.
Demonstrates ability to interpret and communicate analytical information in a clear, concise manner.
Demonstrates strong analytical and advanced computer skills.
Demonstrates proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Access (preferred) and ability to manipulate data and files for analysis and other needs.
Demonstrates ability to prepare and understand functional and technical specifications.
Demonstrates ability to multitask and manage simultaneous projects well with a strong attention to detail.
Demonstrates ability to work both independently in a dynamic environment as well as effectively function as team player.
Demonstrates ability to be a highly motivated, self-starter with a customer service focus.
Demonstrates ability to work with customers to design and customize user-friendly reports that satisfy business requirements.
Demonstrates understanding of relational database concepts and query tools.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
In a Bachelor's degree program in Information Science, Business, or other relevant analytical/data field required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is typically performed in an office environment.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
ABOUT GEISINGER: Geisinger is a physician-led health system comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. * Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.