Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist Advanced Practitioner you will provide comfort and compassion to all those they serve and partner with nurses and physicians to ensure quality patient care. Our discipline includes our vascular access team and hyperbaric RT's who work hard to ensure our mission of making health care easier, so life can be better for all they care for. This opportunity is full-time, day shift 36hrs a week. This opportunity may require a weekend rotation which is eligible for a flat rate of $3hr weekend shift differential.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position independently provides respiratory care, pulmonary plus cardiology diagnostic testing and advanced clinical monitoring techniques to patients. This position is a resource person and specialist who may provide assistance to physicians and other healthcare professionals in complex procedures in specialty areas. This position may provide leadership and coordination of services and direction to staff on an assigned shift.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs all basic modalities and advanced practice respiratory therapy, pulmonary plus cardiology diagnostic testing as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
2. Performs multiple access procedures, arterial and venous. May assist in FDPAC and IAPB insertion and associated invasive cardiac outputs/profile and non-invasive cardiac outputs as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
3. Applies and manages mechanical ventilators in collaboration with physician and/or licensed independent practitioners recommending adjustments to improve clinical condition, patient comfort, and to expedite the weaning process. The practitioner demonstrates expert clinical proficiency in traditional and non-traditional ventilation modalities as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
4. Assembles, disassembles, operates, maintains, troubleshoots, cleans and performs adjustments in the application of durable medical equipment and circuitry used in delivery of care in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
5. Performs patient assessment and evaluates patient response to care provided, making recommendations to physicians/licensed independent practitioners regarding the plan of care, and appropriate use of respiratory therapy and modification of therapy as clinical condition changes. Documents care provided and all interventions in an accurate and complete manner.
6. Acts as a resource to therapists and other healthcare practitioners regarding patient status, equipment and operational issues. Participates in interdisciplinary rounding, making recommendations for changes in therapy dictated by the patient's condition. Collaborates with patients, families and other health care professionals regarding the care provided, services available and problem identification and resolution.
7. Participates in ongoing monitoring of quality, appropriateness and effectiveness of therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, and the development of policy/procedures. Assists with training, orientation and continuing development of students, orientees and staff, and with in-service education, training programs and equipment evaluation recommendations.
8. May be assigned shift supervision responsibilities. May have operational responsibilities for supporting and facilitating business growth and process improvements. May coordinate oversight of quality and safety standards, assist in budget development, and provide operational resource management of staff, supplies, and equipment to ensure optimal productivity.
9. This position independently provides respiratory care, diagnostic testing and advanced clinical monitoring techniques to patients with respiratory and/or cardiac disorders to a diverse patient population. Serves as a resource person and may provide leadership during assigned shifts. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Physicians and their office staff, payers, community agencies and regulatory agencies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Associate or technical degree
Proof of having passed the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). RRT required for all new hires to the position after October 1, 2015. Incumbents in the position as of October 1, 2015 must possess their RRT by October 1, 2017. A current license in state practiced as required by state law. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and/or Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) is required as pertinent to the practice specialty. Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) specialists must have Neonatal/Pediatric Specialist (NPS). In Home Care setting, must posses valid drivers license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
In-depth knowledge of clinical techniques, applications and equipment as typically obtained through 3 years of clinical experience. Must possess highly effective human relation skills necessary to interface with patients, families, staff and other healthcare personnel. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as an RRT Advanced Practitioner in the specialty area.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R5328
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.