Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner (FNP) or Physician Assistant) for Main PACU (Nights)
Night shift with weekend rotation and holiday coverage.
We Are: The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) will join a team of over 800 NPs and PAs across MSK who are dedicated to delivering compassionate, expert and comprehensive cancer care to patients and families. The APP will work with members of an interdisciplinary peri-operative team to manage the care of adult and pediatric patients recovering from surgery in the PACU.
You are: - A good decision-maker, with known to work at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Effective at gaining the support and dedication of others by engaging them around your point of view and priorities
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Capable of anticipating and balancing the needs to multiple stakeholders
- Inventive, securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently
- An effective communicator
- Openly relatable and comfortable with diverse groups of people
- Adaptable in approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
-Collaborate with physicians and healthcare team members to deliver care for post-operative patients with varying levels of acuity and surgical complexity.
-Ensure the delivery of exemplary care and cultivate an environment that centers on the needs of patients and their families
-Serve as a clinical authority and resource -providing education and consultation to healthcare team members.
-Participate in process improvement initiatives, implementation of patient education, and clinical support programs
Qualifications needed for an NP candidate are: Current New York State (NYS) RN and NP licenses/registrations FNP required NYS prescriptive privileges (or eligibility) 3+ years of related clinical experience Related National NP certification BLS certification
Qualifications needed for a PA candidate are: Graduate from an accredited PA program NCCPA certification Active NYS license or be qualified for state licensure A minimum of 3 years of related experience as a PA is preferred BLS certification
Internal Number: 2021-48588
About Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.