This position is responsible for the interrogation, interpretation, and programming of pacemakers, Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICD) and Cardiac Resynchronization (CRT) devices for a complex cardiovascular patient population.
* Performs clinic and remote interrogations and device management according to established protocol under the supervision of a physician. This includes Pacemakers, ICDs, CRT devices, and Implantable Loop Recorders (ILRs).
* Recognizes, documents and reports basic and advanced abnormal findings to provider for appropriate assistance.
* Prepares standardized remote reports for provider review and interpretation.
* Troubleshoots abnormal functions for bradycardia, tachycardia and CRT devices. Identifies and seeks appropriate therapy for basic and complex arrhythmias and device malfunction.
* Educates patients and families regarding device function, clinic follow-up scheduling and device home monitoring. Enrolls new patients and transfers into appropriate remote monitoring site. Manages clerical tasks associated with device clinic functioning.
* Collaborates with electrophysiologists, implanters, and mid-level providers to ensure appropriate patient follow-up.
* Identifies and manages device related regulatory issues including advisories, safety notifications, recalls, device tracking, and lost to follow up patients.
* Identifies opportunities to enhance workflows in collaboration with clinic leadership. Develop operating policies and procedures.
* Performs incision wound care post procedure
* Supervises Device tech staff
* Performs interrogations of patients in a clinic and hospital setting
* Identifies device programming changes pre and post-surgical procedures
* 2 years of Cardiology Experience Required
* One year or more of electrophysiology (EP) experience preferred
* Certified Cardiac Device Specialist (CCDS) from International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners (IBHRE) within 24 months of employment.
* BLS required.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.