Information Associate Relief Behavioral Health AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9100 W. 74th Street, Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
Employee Referral Program
Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Coverage would be 12-hour shifts
You Will Be Responsible For:
I will provide exceptional service and/or care to all patients, customers and team members.
· Welcome visitors by greeting them in person or by telephone.
· Assist patients by responding to requests and obtaining needed services from nurses, physicians, CAs and other team members.
· Provide information by answering inquiries, relaying calls, providing directions and referring inquiries to nursing and physician staff.
· Listen attentively and provide information in a way that is respectful and ensures understanding.
· Address customers by their preferred names.
· Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing responsibilities as needed.
I will maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations, adhering to infection control policies.
· Maintain department operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes.
· Maintain department supply inventory by monitoring stock to determine inventory level, anticipate needed supplies, place and expedite supply orders and verify receipt of supplies.
· Keep department equipment operational by following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures, notifying appropriate department(s) when there is a need for repair.
· Conserve department resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job.
· Operate office equipment such as computers, fax machines, phone systems, copy machines scanners and label printers with skill and efficiency.
· Perform environmental tasks as delegated with minimal supervision.
I will promote teamwork and nurture relationships so as to be seen as a positive member of the healthcare team.
· Support the goals of the department and adheres to all organizational and departmental policies.
· Attend all required staff meetings and mandatory training.
· Communicate clearly and effectively to customers and members of the healthcare team.
· Answer call lights, telephones and requests for assistance quickly and with a smile and pleasant demeanor.
· Willingly seek and take on additional responsibilities as assigned within my competency level.
· Resolve issues and problems as soon as they arise.
I will perform clerical duties to maintain efficient workflow and streamlined patient throughput.
· Keep patient and hospital information confidential and out of public view.
· Establish patient record by gathering appropriate information and completing the patient identification process.
· Complete the ADT process in Cerner.
· Copy medical record and obtain test and procedure results when necessary.
· Arrange appointments for patients as directed by physicians or nursing staff.
· Maintain ongoing data collection as directed by the department manager.
What will you need?
No previous experience required, but behavioral health experience heavily preferred
High school diploma
Under the direction of the Administrative Coordinator and Charge Nurse, this position is responsible for being an effective multi-task oriented individual. The position is responsible for security measures on the unit, including screening visitors via the phone and in person to assure patient confidentiality and minimization of contraband brought on to the unit. Yearly training in crisis intervention is required. Interaction with patients throughout the shift is a regular occurrence. Responsible for calling Security and monitoring the panic button locations when staff require help on the unit. The main job functions include answering incoming phone calls in a timely manner and greeting customers (visitors, physicians and co-workers) with respect and kindness as a representative of AdventHealth Shawnee Mission. Also required is the processing of paperwork for admissions and discharges in a timely manner. In addition, this position provides clerical support to the nursing staff, physicians and other members of the Behavioral Health team.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.