Iron Mountain, Michigan
Morristown, New Jersey
Falls Church, Virginia
San Antonio, Texas
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: -
The St. Louis VA Medical Center is seeking a Pulmonologist to join our Dynamic team.
The Pulmonary/Critical Care Physician will participate in the coverage of the Medical Intensive Care Unit. The MICU attending physician must be onsite for their assigned shift. VHA Out of OR Airway Management (OORAM) training is required for this duty.
The Pulmonologist will participate in an inpatient and outpatient Pulmonary consultative services, bronchoscopy, and other invasive procedure coverage and in teaching of students, residents and fellows rotating through the VA.
A wide variety of patients including those with chronic obstructive lung disease, interstitial lung disease, asthma, sarcoidosis, lung cancer, pulmonary hypertension and sleep disordered breathing are evaluated in the outpatient clinics.
Potential for academic appointment at Washington University or St. Louis University.
Work Schedule: 7:00AM-4:00PM, rotating nights, weekends, holidays for on-call duty
Benefits and Features
- Recruitment Incentive (Sign-on Bonus): May be authorized for a highly qualified candidate.
- The VA offers Physicians and all employees industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice & favorable work-life-family balance.
- Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 11 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME
- Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option
- Federal Retirement Plans thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan, with up to five percent government matching.
For more information send CV to Jason.email@example.com and to schedule a time to speak with me, copy and paste the URL.
COVID; As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before your start date. The agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request a legally required exception from this requirement using the reasonable accommodation process.