Twin Falls, Idaho
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Foster City, California
Location: Pineville, Louisiana
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: -
MUST BE A US CITIZEN TO APPLY
The Alexandria VA Medical Center is seeking a General Surgeon to join our Dynamic team.
The Surgeon will participate in the coverage of the Medical Intensive Care Unit. The MICU attending physician must be onsite for their assigned shift. VHA Out of OR Airway Management (OORAM) training is required for this duty.
- Responsibilities include performing general surgical operations, outpatient ambulatory surgical procedures, outpatient, and very little inpatient general surgery consultations.
- The general surgeon is expected to follow each patient through the full continuum of care to include admissions, discharges, performing histories and physicals, assisting in the coordination of diagnostic tests and procedures prior to surgery, education and counseling of the patient and family members.
- The General Surgeon assures the provision of high quality and safe patient care both in and outside the operating room.
- Clinical management and organization of General Surgery assessment and preparation of patients for surgery.
- Initial evaluation and overall workup of general surgery patients.
- Informs veterans to the risks as well as benefits of upcoming surgical procedures.
- NO CALL
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Benefits and Features
- Selected candidate may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), and if approved, receive up to $200k in school loan repayment.
- Recruitment Incentive (Sign-on Bonus): May be authorized for a highly qualified candidate.
- The VA offers Physicians and all employees industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice & favorable work-life-family balance.
- Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 11 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME
- Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option
- Federal Retirement Plans thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan, with up to five percent government matching.
For more information send CV to Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org and to schedule a time to speak with me, copy and paste the URL.
COVID; As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before your start date. The agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request a legally required exception from this requirement using the reasonable accommodation process.