Santa Clara, California
Los Angeles, California
Cortland, New York
Woodland Hills, California
Los Angeles, California
Grass Valley, California
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Fort Myers, Florida
Panorama City, California
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Internal Number: 121097636
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus
Careers at Landmark, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. At Landmark, we work to deliver high quality, comprehensive care to chronically ill patients wherever they reside and whenever they need it. We focus on doing what’s right for the people we serve, even when it’s not easy. This is your opportunity to be part of a compassionate team that is setting out to change health care for complex, chronic patients. We’re looking for driven people like you because changing the status quo takes dedication. Here, we’ll invest in your personal and professional growth while giving you a unique opportunity to make a difference. Helping people feel their best is a rewarding part of doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Because many of our patients are frail and elderly, we deliver care primarily in the comfort of their home. Our Program is also offered to eligible patients at no incremental financial cost to them. We are not a fee-for- service practice; we benefit economically only if we deliver high-quality patient outcomes and satisfaction. As a result, our clinical teams can spend quality-time caring for a smaller number of patients, giving all patients the space, respect, compassion and care they deserve.
Landmark Health Model - landmarkhealth-analytics (wistia.com)
At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health, and other employed team members.
Join Landmark to be part of a growing company full of purpose-driven, action-oriented, and compassionate team members working to dramatically transform healthcare for our communities.
The Associate Medical Director (AMD) provides direct and indirect medical care and population health management to patients served by Landmark Health. The AMD reports directly to the Market Medical Director and provides clinical and operational oversight to a team of physicians and advanced level practitioners assigned to them. The AMD also acts as a leader for the zone’s interdisciplinary team accountable for serving a patient population and/or geography within a Landmark market.
The AMD directs and helps build the capacity of a team of providers in a zone to manage a population of complex patients, and is responsible for achieving clinical outcomes, optimizing utilization/costs, and ensuring high patient satisfaction within that zone. This position is 60% direct and indirect patient care and 40% administrative.
Direct & Indirect Patient Care
- Provide medical care to a panel of patients of the highest complexity
- Transition high acuity patients back to longitudinal providers as patients’ condition improves
- Act as a consultative physician focused on stabilizing the frailest and most vulnerable patients within the population
- Complete comprehensive chart reviews and ride alongs of providers in their respective zone in order to ensure high quality care of patients
- Participate in the market on call schedule and provide telephonic on-call coverage that require telephonic triage based on market needs
- Support advanced level practitioners with in-person or telephonic clinical consultations
- Provide real time supervision of Urgentivist Extenders (paramedics or RNs/LPNs/LVNs) as needed
- Review reports and data to improve population health for patients within their zone and patient panel
- Provide clinical leadership, oversee quality and execute clinical operations within a defined zone
- Oversee the application of specific measurements of quality and ensure that all providers consistently meet thresholds
- Remain current in the knowledge of geriatrics, utilization management, quality management, managed care principals and new clinical developments and technologies
- Participate in the continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of care provided to members
- At the direction of the Market Medical Director participate in the resolution of medically related grievances
Team Performance Management
- Supervise POD leaders and advanced practice practitioners directly reporting to AMD, including conducting regular 1:1s, proactively providing performance feedback, reviews and mentorship, overseeing provider education, in-service training, and orientation
- Support the Market Medical Director in recruiting advanced practice practitioners and physicians in their zone, ensuring the pursuit of talent with the appropriate mix of clinical skills and behavioral qualities to retain a high performing team
- Proactive ownership for zone’s performance against key clinical and operational performance metrics
- Ownership of onboarding support and clinical education to providers in the zone
- Assist with creating, publishing and participating in the call schedule, approving PTO and other administrative activities
Interdisciplinary Team Leadership
- Lead and participate in interdisciplinary team meetings, including case reviews that engage the full team, teaching on relevant clinical topics, and training on new protocols and workflows
- Participate in provider and physician meetings
- Join daily huddle with a focused team of interdisciplinary staff Health Plan & Community Relations
- Assist Market Medical Director in enhancing community relationships with targeted and local hospitals, PCPs, community acute care, SNF, LTC and ALF facilities in the market
- Act as a local leader and advocate for the Landmark model with community providers and delivery systems and other community partners or potential business partners
- Serve as an advocate for the team with community providers when escalation is necessary and ensure appropriate resolution
Strategy & Standardization
- Support implementation of centrally led initiatives and develop market-led improvement initiatives
- Support Market Medical Director when not available for meetings within and outside of Landmark
- Participate actively in all Peer Review activities
- Other duties as assigned by the Market Medical Director
- Physician currently licensed to practice without restriction in the state of Indiana and has met or exceeded all the credentialing requirements of a provider within the provider panel
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Geriatrics sub-specialty, Emergency or Family Practice
- Experience in leading teams of physicians and mid-level providers in delivering high-quality, cost-effective care
- Experience in recruiting and hiring medical talent along with continuous supervision of the medical care delivered
- Experience in coaching members of the health care team to provide excellent care or, if needed, determine deficiencies in care and formulate a plan for improvement
- Current in the knowledge of geriatrics, utilization management, quality management, managed care principals and new clinical developments and technologies
- Access to reliable transportation; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety Policy
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven ability to analyze staffing needs sufficient to care for the patient panel
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.