Morristown, New Jersey
San Antonio, Texas
North Hollywood, California
San Diego, California
New Hyde Park, NY
Baldwin Park, California
Iron Mountain, Michigan
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Internal Number: 121097555
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Extensivists take their scope of practice beyond the hospital and into the home or other settings, with a focus on keeping patients healthier and reducing readmissions usually with small patient panels to allow a more intense focus on each patient.
- Provide comprehensive and coordinated care to patients with multiple complex medical issues.
- Lead and coordinate patient care across multiple consulting physicians and settings, and whenever appropriate, strive to simplify patient care by delivering comprehensive outpatient primary care.
- Work within a setting that supports extended-length outpatient visits and frequent and timely access, when needed.
- Work with a team of other healthcare providers, including Advanced Practice Nurses, Nurse Navigators, Medical Assistants, and Behavior Health Specialists to deliver complete and holistic patient-centered care.
- Improve health quality and efficiency of care by emphasizing preventive health care and improving the continuity of patient care within the health care system.
We offer an attractive base salary, sign on bonus, bonus plan, and comprehensive fringe benefits package, including medical, dental, and life insurance, STD/LTD, professional liability, matching 401K, relocation costs, 23 days paid time off, one-week paid CME allowance, and eight paid holidays.
- MD or DO
- Must have completed residency/fellowship program
- Medical Licensure in the State of New Mexico or ability to obtain prior to employment
- DEA license or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Med/Den/Vis, STD, LTD, United Health stock options
- Continuing Medical Education allowance with time off
- Robust Relocation program
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Excellent PTO package
- Generous retirement program including employer funded contributions (401K)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.