Twin Falls, Idaho
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Foster City, California
Location: La Palma, California
Internal Number: 121097488
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum, the largest employer of Providers in the United States, is currently seeking a Full-Time Family Medicine Physician to join our practice in Whittier, CA. We have developed a long-standing reputation in the communities we serve for providing valued based care and have the expertise and resources to manage our patients through all transitions of care. We are passionate about patients and are leading the state of California toward better healthcare practices.
- Optum Clinic Location: 12444 Washington Blvd., Whittier CA 90602
- Schedule: Monday – Friday; outpatient based only
- Office consults, annual visits, well checks and follow-up appointments; preventative care and chronic disease management. Perform in office procedures.
- Comfortable seeing patients of all ages; newborns to seniors
- Average Patients per day: 18 patients
- Dedicated office and Medical Assistant team for support
Optum clinic is conveniently located in heart of Whittier community; short distance southeast from Los Angeles and thirty minutes north of Anaheim with easy access to multiple freeways.
We offer a competitive salary, bonus plan and comprehensive benefit package including medical malpractice coverage, CME time and dollars, medical, dental and vision benefits, company paid life insurance, available supplemental insurance plans and 401K plan.
- Unrestricted CA Physician License
- Current CA DEA certificate required prior to start date
- BE/BC in Family Medicine
- Current BLS, ACLS certification
- EMR Proficient
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of practice experience
- Proficiency in a variety of outpatient procedures
- Managed Care experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.