Raleigh, North Carolina
Las Vegas, Nevada
Greenville, South Carolina
Summit, New Jersey
Mission Viejo, California
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Westchester, New York
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Randolph, New Jersey
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: -
Clinical Physician (Behavioral Health and Addiction) - MSHC Main Clinic
Mile Square Health Center is hiring a full time Clinical Physician (Behavioral Health and Addiction) to join our patient care team in our Main clinic.
Under administrative direction, independently perform physician examinations for a broad range of clients to diagnose and treat diseases, injuries, and other disorders. Responsible for selecting and utilizing appropriate diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures for clients.
- Examine patient and obtain medical history from patient, parents, guardians to prepare patient profile. Review developmental and medical history of patient.
- Participate in diagnostic staffing to correlate findings, determine diagnosis and develop appropriate treatment recommendations.
- Discuss findings and recommendations with client, parents, agencies, etc. as needed.
- Responsible for medication management (includes but is not limited to writing prescriptions, monitoring efficacy, monitoring adverse reactions).
- Co-management of the addiction program with myself, including developing policies/procedures related to addiction treatment, training residents and fellows, as well as caring for patients in our primary care/methadone program.
- Collaborating with community OTP/Family Guidance staff, attending collaborative meetings, and leading daily operations of the MSHC collaborative methadone program.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Doctor of Medicine degree from an ACGME accredited medical college.
- Board eligible or board certified in addiction medicine.
- Unrestricted Illinois license to practice medicine or Illinois license eligible.
- Current Valid American Heart Association BLS/CPR certification.
Salary & Benefits:
UI Health offers competitive benefit packages, including: vacation days, paid holidays, Floating Holidays, State University Retirement System, tuition waiver, tuition discount for dependents, and excellent medical, dental, and vision packages.
For fullest consideration, please submit a complete application and supplemental resume by March 31, 2023.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability.
Offers of employment by the University of Illinois may be subject to approval by the University's Board of Trustees. The University of Illinois may conduct background checks and other pre-employment assessments on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background Checks will be performed in compliance with state and federal law. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899
University of Illinois faculty, staff and students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek approval for an exemption in accordance with applicable University processes.