Santa Clara, California
Los Angeles, California
Cortland, New York
Woodland Hills, California
Los Angeles, California
Grass Valley, California
Fort Myers, Florida
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Location: Portland, Oregon
Internal Number: 8778
You take care of patients.
We'll take care of everything else.
You've spent years learning and training to provide outstanding care for your patients. That's why our model lets you focus on taking care of them. Our physicians have wrap-around practice and administrative support to do many of the things that aren't clinical, from answering emails to providing follow-up instructions, to helping secure social services for your patients.
We take care of you, too, with exceptional compensation packages, market-leading retirement contributions, gold-star health benefits, generous PTO, sabbatical opportunities, continuing medical education time and allowance, and leadership development through our in-house Northwest Permanente University.
Our integrated model fosters an environment that encourages and rewards innovation, providing our staff with ample opportunities to explore their interests. A recipient Healthgrades 50 Best Hospitals awards, Vohs and Lawrence awards, and 3-star ratings from Society of Thoracic Surgeons (to name just a few), we put innovative ideas forward while doing the right thing for patients. And we want your voice at our table.
Working for Northwest Permanente, you'll enjoy:
- 21% employer contribution to retirement programs, including pension (This is not a match; NWP contributes 21% of clinician earnings to retirement programs regardless of employee contribution)
- Up to 95% employer-paid, best-in-class health plans for employee and dependents
- Student loan assistance program
- Relocation allowance
- Sign-on bonus
- Leadership opportunities
- Paid annual education leave + allowance
- Shareholder opportunities
- Paid sabbatical after attaining shareholder status
- Salary range of $196,200 to $237,500, depending on experience and qualifications
Required Qualifications/Position Description:
Northwest Permanente, P.C. is currently seeking a board certified or board eligible Physiatrist to join our Occupational Medicine Team. Our program provides high quality, cost effective care to injured workers, promoting timely return to work and limiting disability. We also partner with area employers to provide comprehensive workplace health and safety services in support of their business strategy, and in so doing promote Kaiser Permanenete branding through our unique line of business.
Our new partner would join 10 Occupational Medicine Physicians and an Integrated Care team. They would be supported by invested support staff. Our support staff tends to have higher levels of qualifications/education than other clinics. We believe spending extra on staff more than pays for itself by improving support for our physicians and service experience for our patients and their employers.
Additional Program Details:
- Three Kaiser Permanente On-the-Job clinics are stand-alone clinics located near KP medical office buildings in the Portland Vancouver Metropolitan area, with x-ray, lab drawing and ancillary services available for the treatment of occupational injuries. These clinics have onsite physical therapy with state of the art equipment for physical capacity testing and work related therapy treatment. One Kaiser Permanente On-the-Job clinic is located within a Salem KP medical office building.
- All medical office buildings have full scope ancillary services.
- We serve a representative cross-section of employers in our vibrant community comprising small and mid-size companies engaged in manufacturing, construction, natural resources and distribution. We look forward to hiring a motivated and innovative Occupational Medicine Physician to join our practice.
- The practice is free from call and urgent care duties, but does offer office-based and virtual care. As such, candidates should have experience with telehealth, digital health, or adaptability to incorporate virtual care into their practice.
Join our medical group
Northwest Permanente is a physician-led, multi-specialty group of 1,500 physicians, surgeons, clinicians, and administrative staff caring for 630,000 Kaiser Permanente members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Kaiser Permanente is one of the nation's pre-eminent health care systems, a benchmark for comprehensive, integrated, value-based, and high-quality care.
Why Northwest Permanente Physicians Work Here
Practicing in an integrated health care model like ours means that our clinicians have instant access to dozens of specialties, which allows for a level of collaboration and comprehensive treatment not found just anywhere. But don't just take our word for it. Hear what NWP physicians have to say about the collaborative environment they work in, and how this model not only makes their jobs easier -- it makes them better doctors.
Why NWP is a B Corp
Being a certified B Corp is important to Northwest Permanente because B Corp is the only certification group that measures a company's entire social and environmental impact and performance. Certification doesn't just provide third-party proof for where companies currently excel; it also commits companies to their mission for the long term. Finally, the B Corp focus on transforming the global economy to benefit all people, communities, and the planet aligns with our organizational values of compassion, inclusion, and ownership.
Fun fact: We were a Best for the World honoree, which places us within the top 5% of all B Corps globally (5,000 plus and counting), in the workers category -- for the 4th year running.
Learn more about B Corp and what we're doing to make the world a better place in our Annual Impact Report.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Northwest Permanente, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Northwest Permanente believes that equity, inclusion, and diversity among our employees are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
For more information about this position, contact Physician Recruiter, Emily Dodds: Emily.B.Charleston@kp.org
Learn more about the Portland area: Portland, OR: Find the BEST of Portland Travel & Tourism. (traveloregon.com)
Learn more about the Salem area: Welcome to the Most Oregon part of Oregon. | Travel Salem | Travel Salem
Learn about the Longview, Washington area: Longview, WA - Community Video Tour (elocallink.tv)
Compare cities: Best Places to Live | Take our quiz to find your perfect place (nextdiggs.com)
Physician Opportunities in Oregon & Southwest Washington. For more information, please visit https://northwest.permanente.org/ - Northwest Permanente is the Northwest’s largest physician-led, self-governed multispecialty group. We have opportunities available across the region in Portland, Salem, Oregon, and Longview, Washington. Northwest Permanente physicians practice medicine with a purpose that provides unparalleled opportunities for a meaningful and rewarding career in medicine.