Iron Mountain, Michigan
Morristown, New Jersey
Falls Church, Virginia
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Location: Woodlyn, Pennsylvania
Internal Number: 859125
Trinity Health PACE and Mercy LIFE Kinder Park are seeking a full-time Nurse Practitioner to join its Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) program located in Woodlyn, Pennsylvania.
The selected NP will provide primary medical management in collaboration with the PACE Organization (PO) Physician(s). Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs assessments in collaboration with the physician and as needed.
- Develops and implements appropriate plans of care to PO participants.
- Evaluates participant physical complaints and provides appropriate treatment.
- Provides participants and caregiver teaching and education.
- Functions as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT).
- Regularly informs the IDT of the medical condition of each participant, remaining alert to pertinent input from other team members, participant's caregivers, as well as documenting changes in a participant's medical record consistent with documentation policies.
Benefits of joining a winning team:
- Warm and supportive environment
- Enjoy a truly patient-centered focus
- Excel with supportive, motivated colleagues in an inspiring environment
- Competitive salary
- Career paths and professional development
- Learn the industry's best, easy-to-use, advanced technology
Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) coordinate and provide all needed preventive, primary, acute, and long-term care services so that older individuals can continue living in the community. PACE is an innovative model that enables individuals who are 55 years old or older and certified by their state to need nursing home care to live as independently as possible. Through PACE, today's fragmented health care financing and delivery system comes together to serve the unique needs of each individual in a way that makes sense to the frail elderly, their informal caregivers, health care providers and policy makers.
Many PACE participants get most of their care from staff employed by the PACE organization in the PACE center. PACE centers meet State and Federal safety requirements and include adult day programs, medical clinics, activities, and occupational and physical therapy facilities.
Requirements for this opportunity include the following:
- Master's Degree in Nursing with five (5) to seven (7) years of experience, preferably in long-term care.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice in the state of Pennsylvania.
- CDS Certification and DEA Registration required.
- Board Certification by ANCC or AANP.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner with prescriptive authority required. Current BLS required.
- A minimum of one (1) year working with the frail or elderly population or if less than one (1) year of experience, must receive appropriate training from the PACE organization on working with a frail or elderly population upon hiring.
- Must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and have means of transportation.
We have an energizing new vision and strategy. Join us and shape the future of healthcare!
Mercy LIFE Kinder Park offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurances
- Short and long-term disability
- 403b retirement plan
- Generous paid time off
- Mileage reimbursement
Mercy LIFE is a nationally recognized Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) providing comprehensive medical, health recreational and social services that are designed specifically for each person in an effort to promote independence at home. PACE has a 30-year track record of successfully helping elderly individuals remain at home while receiving medical and social services to assist them to live independently. Mercy LIFE has provided a community based long-term care program for frail elders who reside in South Philadelphia, since 2001 and began serving North Philadelphia in early 2009. Our program serves seniors with a range of health conditions that impact their daily life such as chronic illness, memory loss, difficulty providing personal care such as bathing and dressing, and more. Mercy LIFE's team of professionals, who specialize in health care for seniors, evaluate the needs of each individual and develop a customized program of care. Mercy LIFE also operates Adult Day Centers, which offer a convenient location where the interdisciplinary care team of doctors, nurses, therapists, and social workers can provide preventive healthcare as well as observe and respond to changes in each senior's health.
Trinity Health PACE is the largest provider of PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) services in the country with 13 PACE Organizations operating in nine states. PACE is designed to provide the entire continuum of care and services to frail seniors, helping them to maintain their independence in their home and community for as long as possible.
Trinity Health PACE organizations are nationally recognized providing comprehensive medical, health, recreational, and social services designed specifically for each participant in an effort to promote independence at home.
To receive PACE services individuals must meet the following conditions:
- Be at least 55 years old
- Live is the PACE service area
- Be able to live safely in the community with assistance
- Meet the state's nursing facility level of care
PACE Organization's use an interdisciplinary team approach to provide all health, medical and social services necessary to restore and preserve the participant's level of well-being. IDT's are composed of a primary care physician, nurse, social worker, physical therapist, occupational therapist, recreational therapist or activity coordinator, dietitian, PACE center supervisor, home care liaison, health workers/aids, or their representatives, and drivers or their representatives.
IDT evaluates the needs of each individual and develops an individualized plan of care (POC) consistent with the participant's goals and needs. During a center visit, participants may be seen in the clinic for a medical evaluation, the gym for PT or OT exercises, and participate in the recreational activities of the day. They receive a light breakfast and a full lunch while in the center. The fleet of transportation vehicles are available to transport to the center, to home or to any external provider visits. Depending on the situation, a participant may have home care aides, home nursing visits or a house call from their Primary Care Provider. All services are focused on maintaining the participant in the community and as independent as possible.
Trinity Health PACE Organizations are located in the following states:
- Alabama - Mercy LIFE of Alabama
- Delaware - Saint Francis LIFE
- Indiana - Saint Joseph PACE
- Massachusetts - Mercy LIFE of Massachusetts
- Michigan - LifeCircles PACE
- New Jersey - LIFE at Lourdes & LIFE St. Francis
- New York - Catholic Health LIFE & Eddy Senior Care
- North Carolina - LIFE St. Joseph of the Pines
- Pennsylvania - LIFE St. Mary, Mercy LIFE-SEPA and Mercy LIFE - West Philadelphia
Trinity Health PACE is a member of Trinity Health, the second largest Catholic Health System in the nation. Trinity Health is based in Livonia, Michigan.COMMUNITY DESCRIPTION
Woodlyn, Pennsylvania is a suburb of Philadelphia and is located within the southern section of Delaware County. Woodlyn has a population of just over 10,000 and is less than seven miles from the Philadelphia International Airport.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is the largest city in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the fifth-most-populous city in the United States, and the core of the sixth-largest metropolitan area in the country.
Located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia, the area boasts wonderful family oriented residential communities. There is quick access to historic Philadelphia with fabulous cultural opportunities, theater, orchestra, museums, and restaurants. Beaches, mountains, New York City and Washington DC are also just a short drive away.
Craving some fun in the fresh air and sunshine? Enjoy biking, fishing, hunting, horseback riding, golf and our many parks. The Countryside has more outdoor activities than you can shake a walking stick at including wine trails and even Appalachian trails, the possibilities are endless.
For more information on Philadelphia visit www.visitphilly.com.About Trinity Health
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. We serve people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with more than 90 hospitals and 100 continuing care facilities - including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities and programs that provide nearly two and a half million visits annually. Trinity Health employs more than 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800 employed physicians and clinicians.
Our mission: We, Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities. We support this mission by living our core values of Reverence, Commitment to Those Who are Poor, Justice, Stewardship, and Integrity. Committed to recruiting talented physicians, we are looking for physicians who share our values and want to help us fulfill the health care needs of the communities we serve.
At Trinity Health, we value the physician relationship and focus on partnering with our physicians. Whether you are a practicing physician looking to relocate or a medical resident, we offer opportunities with the flexibility to fit your individual needs. If you would like to be part of Trinity Health, we encourage you to explore this opportunity at www.trinity-health.org.
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to submit your CV, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Trinity Health Physician Recruitment at (734) 343-2300.