Falls Church, Virginia
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
San Diego, California
New Hyde Park, NY
Location: Akron, Ohio
Internal Number: 6638
Ohio-based Akron Children's Hospital seeks Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists to lead its new community mental health centers. Akron Children's Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best children's hospitals by US News and World Report.
This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
* Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
* More than 900 providers, who manage 1,000,000+ patient visits annually
* A network of more than 60 primary and specialty care locations
The successful candidates will play integral roles in driving the processes and initiatives of the new community-based behavioral health centers in Canton, Ohio and Mansfield, Ohio. In addition, the regional medical directors will oversee patient services ensuring superior patient outcomes and high quality, compassionate care. Local grant support provides additional funding for staff and program development, as well as, community-based programs addressing children's behavioral health needs.
The regional medical directors will join a well-established team of 16 Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists, who provide comprehensive mental health services. Inpatient care is provided in a 24-bed inpatient unit in Akron, staffed by inpatient psychiatrists who also serve as consultation liaisons to hospitalized patients. Partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs are offered in Akron and in our regional centers. General outpatient services are provided throughout Northeast Ohio at various locations. In addition, the Psychiatric Intake Response Center, located within the Emergency Departments at both Akron Children's Hospitals provide access to behavioral health services 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
These positions offer opportunities for:
* Leadership and program development
* Partnership with an established team of child and adolescent psychiatrists affording exceptional work-life balance
* Active involvement in medical student, resident, and fellowship education academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) is available and commensurate with experience
* Research and innovation available through the Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute and partnerships with NEOMED and local universities
* An attractive compensation and benefit package that includes a $60,000 retention bonus
Requirements include MD or DO degree, certification in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, a minimum of three year of experience and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio.
Akron Children's Hospital is set in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley, just minutes south of Cleveland. From major league attractions to small-town appeal, the greater Akron area has something for everyone. The area is rich in history and cultural diversity, and provides a stimulating blend of outstanding educational, cultural and recreational resources. This four-season community will have outdoor enthusiasts thrilled with over 40,000 acres of Metro Parks for year-round enjoyment. Northeast Ohio has become a premier destination to work, live, play, shop and dine!
Interested candidates may contact Jane Hensley, Physician Recruiter at 330-543-3015 or email@example.com. To learn more, visit our website at www.akronchildrens.org.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: