Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Carrollton, GA, USA
Houston, TX, USA
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Huntington, New York
Rockville, MD, USA
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Schenectady, New York
Fort Myers, Florida
Pearland, TX, USA
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Internal Number: 768871
St. Luke's University Health Network, the region's largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals is seeking a part-time experienced board-certified Pediatric Intensivist to join our 8 bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at our Bethlehem Campus. If you are a physician who is excited by growth and new opportunities, we look forward to speaking with you! Candidates should possess exceptional professional, communication, problem solving and clinical skills.
- The Department of Pediatrics consists of inpatient, specialty and primary care providers spread across a variety of practice locations (throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey).
- Luke's University Hospital – Bethlehem campus, is now a proud member of the Children's Hospital Association, representing the Network's investment in continuing to grow services for pediatric patients.
- The Pediatric Intensive Care unit is an 8-bed unit which opened in February 2020 at the Bethlehem Campus. The unit is staffed by critical care intensivists and specially trained pediatric nurses and receives admissions from the Network's 12 hospital campuses.
- The inpatient pediatric unit is a 17-bed unit also located at the Bethlehem Campus. This unit was newly reconstructed in June 2022 and is located adjacent to the PICU. The inpatient hospitalist team consists of 5 dedicated pediatric hospitalists who provide care in house 24/7 to patients admitted from any of the Network's hospital campuses.
- The unit is supported by a growing team of pediatric specialists covering 14 specialty areas including: pediatric surgery, GI, endocrinology, nephrology, developmental pediatrics, neurology, cardiology, dermatology, psychiatry, pulmonology, radiology, anesthesia, orthopedics and plastic surgery! Many of these specialists are co-located in St. Luke's new Pediatric Specialty Center, the region's first and only freestanding building dedicated entirely to providing care for pediatric patients.
- The most robust and highest volume OB program in the region with a strong maternal and fetal medicine program which delivers nearly 5,000 babies per year.
- Surgical Level III NICU located at St. Luke's University Hospital in Bethlehem, PA, 8 bed Level II NICU at St. Luke's Allentown Campus, 26 bed Level III NICU at St. Luke's Anderson Campus, and a Level II NICU at St. Luke's Upper Bucks Campus.
- Robust 12 hospital Network spread over a diverse geographic area providing emergency care for over 320,000 patients annually.
In joining St. Luke's University Health Network you'll enjoy:
- Substantial compensation and a rich benefits package, including malpractice insurance, health and dental insurance, & CME allowance
- Starting bonus!
- Work/life balance & flexibility
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Professional support and growth within the network
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
Founded in 1872, St. Luke's University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 18,000 employees providing services at 14 campuses and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue of $3 billion, the Network's service area includes 11 counties in two states: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey. St. Luke's hospitals operate the biggest network of trauma centers in Pennsylvania.
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke's is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, the Network established the Lehigh Valley's first and only four-year medical school campus. It also operates the nation's longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 40 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 419 residents and fellows. In 2022, St. Luke's, a member of the Children's Hospital Association, opened the Lehigh Valley's first and only free-standing facility dedicated entirely to kids.
SLUHN is the only Lehigh Valley-based health care system to earn Medicare's five-star ratings (the highest) for quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction. It is both a Leapfrog Group and Healthgrades Top Hospital and a Newsweek World's Best Hospital. The Network's flagship University Hospital has earned the 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from Fortune/Merative 10 times total and eight years in a row, including in 2022 when it was identified as THE #2 TEACHING HOSPITAL IN THE COUNTRY. In 2021, St. Luke's was identified as one of the 15 Top Health Systems nationally. Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN's information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. The Network is also recognized as one of the state's lowest cost providers.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR CANDIDATES: COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT
As a leading healthcare provider, St. Luke's University Health Network is committed to protecting our employees, patients and community. As we continue to provide quality care to our patients, we are taking important next steps to prevent undue harm to our employees & ensure our patients have a safe environment for medical care and treatment. Effective immediately, St. Luke's is requiring all new hires, along with our current employees, to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment. Medical or religious exemptions will be reviewed as per our policy and guidelines.
Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN's information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. St. Luke's is also recognized as one of the state's lowest cost providers.
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, Early American, and industrial history, the region's storied past became its uplifting present, bestowing visitors anything from crayons and craft beer to Martin Guitars and museums, covered bridges, and nationally-recognized events like Musikfest and Christkindlmarkt.
The Lehigh Valley is in close proximity to NYC, Philly, DC and the Jersey Shore. Outstanding higher education facilities include Lehigh University and Moravian College. Cost of living is low and coupled with minimal congestion; choose among a variety of charming urban, semi-urban and rural communities your family will enjoy calling home. There is easy access to outdoor activities like skiing, snowboarding, white water rafting, and zip lining. The Lehigh Valley encompasses three unique cities in one suburban area. For more information please visit www.discoverlehighvalley.com.