Spartanburg, South Carolina
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Albany - Troy, New York
Livonia - Howell, Michigan
Ann Arbor - Canton - Livonia, Michigan
Ann Arbor - Ypsilanti, Michigan
Mason City, Iowa
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Cortland, New York
Albany, New York
Mason City, Iowa
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Internal Number: 833839
Are you passionate about serving your community? St. Luke's University Health Network, the region's largest, most established health system is recruiting Board Certified/ Board Eligible Radiation Oncologists to join a well-developed and multidisciplinary cancer care team at our St. Luke's Radiation Oncology sites.
St. Luke's Cancer Center Mission
St. Luke's Cancer Center builds a compassionate and trusting relationship with patients and families by offering personalized care, quality treatment, prevention programs, clinical research, education, and engagement to reduce the cancer burden in the communities we serve.
Successful candidates should:
- Have a strong commitment to delivering comprehensive and compassionate oncology care within a robust outpatient clinical practice.
- Be dedicated to highest quality multi-disciplinary cancer care and participation in disease specific management teams
- Have excellent communication skills when interacting with patients and their families, colleagues, staff and trainees.
- Have an active interest for scholarly activity, teaching, clinical trials, and clinical research.
Radiation Oncology Division Highlights::
- ACR Accredited
- 7 Radiation Oncologists
- 6 Medical Physicists
- Facility based dosimetry, radiation therapy, nursing and administrative teams
- 4 existing Radiation Oncology locations
- 2 New Locations under construction to open in next year
- Lehigh Valley's first and only adaptive radiotherapy program
- Current treatment equipment includes Varian True Beams, Varian IX, Varian Ethos, CT simulator, Variseed and Bravos brachytherapy systems, Intrabeam, full array of physics QA technologies, Eclipse treatment planning with autocontouring, ARIA, and Epic EMR.
- Specialized treatments include:
- HDR Brachytherapy
- Linac-based SRS and SBRT
- Liver directed radio-isostopes (Sirspheres and Theraspheres),
- Gamma Tile
- Motion management with surface-guidance technologies
- Multimets treatment program for brain metastases
- Intraoperative radiotherapy
- Newly approved Medical Physics residency program
St. Luke's Cancer Center Information:
St. Luke's Cancer Center service line has a long-standing tradition of delivering outstanding comprehensive coordinated multi-disciplinary clinical care and support services. Our team is comprised of specially trained physicians, nurses and other support staff, including patient navigators, nurse navigators, and counselors to help guide, comfort, and empower our patients through their journey. Cancer conferences for multiple cancer disease sites are held weekly to ensure the highest quality coordinated care and screening for genetic testing and clinical trials enrollment. Patients experience the convenience of care close to home provided by dedicated teams providing state of the art care.
We offer a healing arts program, nutrition support, access to rehab and physical therapy, insurance and financial support, clinical trials, genetics testing and counseling, palliative care and support groups to make our patients' health care journeys as seamless and understandable as possible.
- COC accredited Cancer program
- St Luke's Cancer Center received the National Cancer Institute's National Clinical Trials High Performance Site Award (2017, 2018).
- Luke's Cancer Center has received five awards from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. St. Luke's Cancer center received superior rating for lung cancer surgery results.
In joining St. Luke's University Health Network you'll enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Rich benefits package including malpractice, health and dental insurance, and generous CME allowance
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
Founded in 1872, St. Luke's University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 18,000 employees providing services at 14 campuses and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue of $3 billion, the Network's service area includes 11 counties in two states: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey. St. Luke's hospitals operate the biggest network of trauma centers in Pennsylvania.
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke's is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, the Network established the Lehigh Valley's first and only four-year medical school campus. It also operates the nation's longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 40 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 419 residents and fellows. In 2022, St. Luke's, a member of the Children's Hospital Association, opened the Lehigh Valley's first and only free-standing facility dedicated entirely to kids.
SLUHN is the only Lehigh Valley-based health care system to earn Medicare's five-star ratings (the highest) for quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction. It is both a Leapfrog Group and Healthgrades Top Hospital and a Newsweek World's Best Hospital. The Network's flagship University Hospital has earned the 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from Fortune/Merative 10 times total and eight years in a row, including in 2022 when it was identified as THE #2 TEACHING HOSPITAL IN THE COUNTRY. In 2021, St. Luke's was identified as one of the 15 Top Health Systems nationally. Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN's information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. The Network is also recognized as one of the state's lowest cost providers.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR CANDIDATES: COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT
As a leading healthcare provider, St. Luke's University Health Network is committed to protecting our employees, patients and community. As we continue to provide quality care to our patients, we are taking important next steps to prevent undue harm to our employees & ensure our patients have a safe environment for medical care and treatment. Effective immediately, St. Luke's is requiring all new hires, along with our current employees, to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment. Medical or religious exemptions will be reviewed as per our policy and guidelines.
Northeastern PA is a beautiful, four-season region with vineyards, Yuengling Brewery, micro-breweries, skiing, trails, fishing, and other outdoor recreation. Family-friendly, the region is known for its warm, welcoming people and sense of community.
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, early American, and industrial history, Lehigh Valley is bursting with nationally-recognized events, exciting nightlife, adventurous outdoor activities, and modern and contemporary arts. The region has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing economies in the nation.
The Lehigh Valley is home to 11 colleges and universities that award more than 10,000 degrees annually and include prestigious private colleges, state universities, and two community colleges. Whatever your educational interests and needs, Lehigh Valley is a great place to learn.
Northeastern PA and the Lehigh Valley are a short drive away from major mid-Atlantic cities including New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington D.C.
For more information please visit www.DiscoverNEPA.com and www.DiscoverLehighValley.com