Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Port Orchard, Washington
Yonkers, New York
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Albany - Troy, New York
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Poughkeepsie, New York
Cortland, New York
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Stafford Springs, Connecticut
Rhinebeck, New York
Fairlawn, New Jersey
Syracuse, New York
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Internal Number: 663177
St. Luke's University Health Network, the region's largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible General Pediatrician to join our growing Network and dedicated team of physicians and advanced practitioners providing excellent care at our pediatric practices. Several opportunities are available!
St. Luke's has invested significantly in the growth of pediatrics services across the Network over the past several years. The service line continues to grow existing primary care practices and develop new practices across the St. Luke's service area in order to meet patient demand. Our team is expanding and we are looking for individuals who are excited by growth and new opportunities!
- St. Luke's Pediatric Primary Care currently consists of 10 practices over 14 locations as well as 3 clinic locations. Additional primary care sites are in development to meet the growing demand for pediatric services.
- Practices range from small solo provider to large multi-site/multi-provider offices. Practices enjoy the support of a large health network with appropriate levels of autonomy allowing each practice to establish its unique identity.
- Practice utilizes Health Call Nurse Triage system, significantly reducing the number of calls providers receive after hours. Providers are not required to complete nursery rounds.
- A new pediatric residency program is starting with the first class of residents in 2023. Physicians in our primary care practices will have the opportunity to work with pediatric and family practice residents.
Pediatric Department/ Network Highlights Include:
- The Department of Pediatrics consists of inpatient, primary care, and specialty care providers across a variety of practice locations.
- St. Luke's University Hospital – Bethlehem campus, is now a proud member of the Children's Hospital Association, representing the Network's investment in continuing to grow services for pediatric patients.
- The inpatient pediatric units are located at St. Luke's University Hospital – Bethlehem Campus. A new replacement 17 bed inpatient unit opened this spring and the Network's first Pediatric Intensive Care Unit opened with 8 beds in early 2020.
- The department is supported by a growing team of pediatric specialists covering 14 specialty areas including: pediatric surgery, GI, endocrinology, nephrology, developmental pediatrics, neurology, cardiology, dermatology, psychiatry, pulmonology, radiology, anesthesia, orthopedics and plastic surgery!
- St. Luke's Pediatric Specialty Center, the region's first and only freestanding building completely dedicated to providing care for pediatric patients opened in the spring of 2022. The center provides easy and convenient access for children and families in a pediatric friendly environment with a multidisciplinary approach including pediatric specialty, pediatric primary care, and pediatric PT/OT/ST.
- Growing OB department with nearly 5,000 deliveries per year at three campuses included Anderson, Allentown and Upper Bucks.
- Surgical Level III NICU located at St. Luke's University Hospital in Bethlehem, PA, 8 bed Level II NICU at St. Luke's Allentown Campus, 26 bed Level III NICU at St. Luke's Anderson Campus, and a Level II NICU at St. Luke's Upper Bucks Campus.
- Robust 12 hospital Network spread over a diverse geographic area providing emergency care for over 320,000 patients annually.
In joining St. Luke's University Health Network you'll enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Work/life balance & flexibility
- Loan forgiveness program up to $100,000
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Rich benefits package including malpractice, health and dental insurance, and CME allowance
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
Founded in 1872, St. Luke's University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 18,000 employees providing services at 14 campuses and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue of $3 billion, the Network's service area includes 11 counties in two states: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey. St. Luke's hospitals operate the biggest network of trauma centers in Pennsylvania.
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke's is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, the Network established the Lehigh Valley's first and only four-year medical school campus. It also operates the nation's longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 40 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 419 residents and fellows. In 2022, St. Luke's, a member of the Children's Hospital Association, opened the Lehigh Valley's first and only free-standing facility dedicated entirely to kids.
SLUHN is the only Lehigh Valley-based health care system to earn Medicare's five-star ratings (the highest) for quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction. It is both a Leapfrog Group and Healthgrades Top Hospital and a Newsweek World's Best Hospital. The Network's flagship University Hospital has earned the 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from Fortune/Merative 10 times total and eight years in a row, including in 2022 when it was identified as THE #2 TEACHING HOSPITAL IN THE COUNTRY. In 2021, St. Luke's was identified as one of the 15 Top Health Systems nationally. Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN's information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. The Network is also recognized as one of the state's lowest cost providers.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR CANDIDATES: COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT
As a leading healthcare provider, St. Luke's University Health Network is committed to protecting our employees, patients and community. As we continue to provide quality care to our patients, we are taking important next steps to prevent undue harm to our employees & ensure our patients have a safe environment for medical care and treatment. Effective immediately, St. Luke's is requiring all new hires, along with our current employees, to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment. Medical or religious exemptions will be reviewed as per our policy and guidelines.
Northeastern PA is a beautiful, four-season region with vineyards, Yuengling Brewery, micro-breweries, skiing, trails, fishing, and other outdoor recreation. Family-friendly, the region is known for its warm, welcoming people and sense of community.
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, early American, and industrial history, Lehigh Valley is bursting with nationally-recognized events, exciting nightlife, adventurous outdoor activities, and modern and contemporary arts. The region has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing economies in the nation.
The Lehigh Valley is home to 11 colleges and universities that award more than 10,000 degrees annually and include prestigious private colleges, state universities, and two community colleges. Whatever your educational interests and needs, Lehigh Valley is a great place to learn.
Northeastern PA and the Lehigh Valley are a short drive away from major mid-Atlantic cities including New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington D.C.
For more information please visit www.DiscoverNEPA.com and www.DiscoverLehighValley.com