North Hollywood, California
Iron Mountain, Michigan
Mission Hills, California
Summit, New Jersey
Raleigh, North Carolina
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Internal Number: 658571
St. Luke's Neurosurgical Associates (SLNA), located in the Lehigh Valley of Eastern Pennsylvania, is seeking a functional neurosurgeon to join a collegial, well-established, hospital employed group of 8 neurosurgeons. This is the pre-eminent neurosurgery practice in the Lehigh Valley region of Pennsylvania with a strong referral base and solid track record of developing multidisciplinary neurosciences programs with administrative support
The special feature of this group is the quality of the partners and the neurosurgery they practice. The successful candidate will take on an established pain and movement disorder practice and develop a surgical epilepsy program with many key components already in place. They will have solid training and interest in functional neurosurgery to manage a range of conditions including epilepsy and movement disorders. Must also be comfortable with general neurosurgery. Present partners also subspecialize in an area of interest/training.
Features of the practice:
- Network comprised of 12 hospitals. Primary neurosurgical call is dedicated to physically cover the Bethlehem Campus as well as the level 2 trauma center at the Anderson campus; ER calls can come from all locations, but anything urgent/surgical being transferred to one of the above
- Call will be 1:6 on primary neurosurgical call as well as 1:6 backup call (1:3 overall). The service is consultative, with both trauma/surgical critical care or medical/internal medicine hospitalists handling admissions & taking first call
- Comprehensive Stroke Center, with separate cerebrovascular/endovascular call structure
- Minimal pediatric neurosurgery cases – stabilized and transferred
- Electronic office and hospital medical records (Epic), including home access including to PACS
- Referrals developed from extensive Network owned PCP practices, 10 Network ERs, neurology, spine & pain practice, oncology, ENT, etc. No in-network neurosurgery competition. 1 spine focused orthopedic surgeon in Network – very collegial relationship.
- Extensive corp of Advanced Practitioners to assist in ORs, facilitate rounding, office volumes, etc.
- Medical draw area of 1.1M residents in 11 counties
St. Luke's University Hospital, the Network's tertiary hub, is a 486-bed, Level 1 Trauma Center with a 14-bed Trauma/Neuro-ICU. Hospital highlights:
- Excellent medical/surgical critical care and hospitalist services taking first call on non-surgical pathologies with neurosurgeons consulting
- Block OR Time
- 2 x 1.5T MRI, 2 64-slice and 1 16-slice CT, Varian Trilogy Radiosurgery unit, Zeiss Pentero neurosurgical operating microscopes, Medtronics StealthStation frameless stereotactic systems, endoscopic/ventriculoscopic OR system
St Luke's Anderson Campus, Level 2 Trauma Center, 108 beds with 8 ICU beds
- Same structure of medical/surgical critical care and hospitalists service at this campus
- Block OR Time
- 2 x 1.5T MRI, 64-slice CT, Varian Truebeam frameless SRS unit, Zeiss Pentero neurosurgical operating microscope
In joining St. Luke's University Health Network you'll enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Work/life balance & flexibility
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Rich benefits package including malpractice, health and dental insurance, and CME allowance
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
- Please click here to review our Provider Brochure.
Founded in 1872, St. Luke's University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 18,000 employees providing services at 14 campuses and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue of $3 billion, the Network's service area includes 11 counties in two states: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey. St. Luke's hospitals operate the biggest network of trauma centers in Pennsylvania.
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke's is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, the Network established the Lehigh Valley's first and only four-year medical school campus. It also operates the nation's longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 40 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 419 residents and fellows. In 2022, St. Luke's, a member of the Children's Hospital Association, opened the Lehigh Valley's first and only free-standing facility dedicated entirely to kids.
SLUHN is the only Lehigh Valley-based health care system to earn Medicare's five-star ratings (the highest) for quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction. It is both a Leapfrog Group and Healthgrades Top Hospital and a Newsweek World's Best Hospital. The Network's flagship University Hospital has earned the 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from Fortune/Merative 10 times total and eight years in a row, including in 2022 when it was identified as THE #2 TEACHING HOSPITAL IN THE COUNTRY. In 2021, St. Luke's was identified as one of the 15 Top Health Systems nationally. Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN's information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. The Network is also recognized as one of the state's lowest cost providers.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR CANDIDATES: COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT
As a leading healthcare provider, St. Luke's University Health Network is committed to protecting our employees, patients and community. As we continue to provide quality care to our patients, we are taking important next steps to prevent undue harm to our employees & ensure our patients have a safe environment for medical care and treatment. Effective immediately, St. Luke's is requiring all new hires, along with our current employees, to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment. Medical or religious exemptions will be reviewed as per our policy and guidelines.
Northeastern PA is a beautiful, four-season region with vineyards, Yuengling Brewery, micro-breweries, skiing, trails, fishing, and other outdoor recreation. Family-friendly, the region is known for its warm, welcoming people and sense of community.
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, early American, and industrial history, Lehigh Valley is bursting with nationally-recognized events, exciting nightlife, adventurous outdoor activities, and modern and contemporary arts. The region has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing economies in the nation.
The Lehigh Valley is home to 11 colleges and universities that award more than 10,000 degrees annually and include prestigious private colleges, state universities, and two community colleges. Whatever your educational interests and needs, Lehigh Valley is a great place to learn.
Northeastern PA and the Lehigh Valley are a short drive away from major mid-Atlantic cities including New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington D.C.
For more information please visit www.DiscoverNEPA.com and www.DiscoverLehighValley.com