Twin Falls, Idaho
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Foster City, California
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Internal Number: 720407
St. Luke's University Health Network, the region's largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals is seeking a Per Diem Board Certified/ Board Eligible Pediatric Nephrologist to join our growing Network and dedicated team of physicians and advanced practitioners providing excellent care.
- The Pediatric Nephrology division is seeking a per diem physician to provide weekend call coverage and vacation coverage for the current team.
- Ability to work fully remote and cover pager call only is available in addition to options for in person coverage including clinic coverage.
Pediatric Department/ Network Highlights Include:
- St. Luke's Division of Pediatric Nephrology is currently the only pediatric nephrology program in the Lehigh Valley area.
- Through a partnership with DaVita Dialysis, the Division of Pediatric Nephrology offers the only pediatric dialysis (PD and HD) services in the region. These modalities are also available for patients in our PICU and inpatient pediatric unit.
- The Department of Pediatrics consists of inpatient, primary care, and specialty care providers across a variety of practice locations.
- Luke's University Hospital – Bethlehem campus, is now a proud member of the Children's Hospital Association, representing the Network's investment in continuing to grow services for pediatric patients.
- The inpatient pediatric units are located at St. Luke's University Hospital – Bethlehem Campus. A new replacement 17 bed inpatient unit opened this spring and the Network's first Pediatric Intensive Care Unit opened with 8 beds in early 2020.
- The department is supported by a growing team of pediatric specialists covering 14 specialty areas including: pediatric surgery, GI, endocrinology, nephrology, developmental pediatrics, neurology, cardiology, dermatology, psychiatry, pulmonology, radiology, anesthesia, orthopedics and plastic surgery!
- Luke's Pediatric Specialty Center, the region's first and only freestanding building completely dedicated to providing care for pediatric patients opened in the spring of 2022. The center provides easy and convenient access for children and families in a pediatric friendly environment with a multidisciplinary approach including pediatric specialty, pediatric primary care, and pediatric PT/OT/ST.
- The pediatric nephrology practice continues to grow as a result of a strong referral network of numerous pediatric primary care practices and family practice offices.
- Growing OB department with nearly 5,000 deliveries per year.
- Surgical Level III NICU located at St. Luke's University Hospital in Bethlehem, PA, 8 bed Level II NICU at St. Luke's Allentown Campus, 26 bed Level III NICU at St. Luke's Anderson Campus, and a Level II NICU at St. Luke's Upper Bucks Campus.
- Robust 12 hospital Network spread over a diverse geographic area providing emergency care for over 320,000 patients annually.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact:
St. Luke's University Health Network
Founded in 1872, St. Luke's University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 18,000 employees providing services at 14 campuses and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue of $3 billion, the Network's service area includes 11 counties in two states: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey. St. Luke's hospitals operate the biggest network of trauma centers in Pennsylvania.
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke's is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, the Network established the Lehigh Valley's first and only four-year medical school campus. It also operates the nation's longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 40 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 419 residents and fellows. In 2022, St. Luke's, a member of the Children's Hospital Association, opened the Lehigh Valley's first and only free-standing facility dedicated entirely to kids.
SLUHN is the only Lehigh Valley-based health care system to earn Medicare's five-star ratings (the highest) for quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction. It is both a Leapfrog Group and Healthgrades Top Hospital and a Newsweek World's Best Hospital. The Network's flagship University Hospital has earned the 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from Fortune/Merative 10 times total and eight years in a row, including in 2022 when it was identified as THE #2 TEACHING HOSPITAL IN THE COUNTRY. In 2021, St. Luke's was identified as one of the 15 Top Health Systems nationally. Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN's information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. The Network is also recognized as one of the state's lowest cost providers.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR CANDIDATES: COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT
As a leading healthcare provider, St. Luke's University Health Network is committed to protecting our employees, patients and community. As we continue to provide quality care to our patients, we are taking important next steps to prevent undue harm to our employees & ensure our patients have a safe environment for medical care and treatment. Effective immediately, St. Luke's is requiring all new hires, along with our current employees, to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment. Medical or religious exemptions will be reviewed as per our policy and guidelines.
Northeastern PA is a beautiful, four-season region with vineyards, Yuengling Brewery, micro-breweries, skiing, trails, fishing, and other outdoor recreation. Family-friendly, the region is known for its warm, welcoming people and sense of community.
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, early American, and industrial history, Lehigh Valley is bursting with nationally-recognized events, exciting nightlife, adventurous outdoor activities, and modern and contemporary arts. The region has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing economies in the nation.
The Lehigh Valley is home to 11 colleges and universities that award more than 10,000 degrees annually and include prestigious private colleges, state universities, and two community colleges. Whatever your educational interests and needs, Lehigh Valley is a great place to learn.
Northeastern PA and the Lehigh Valley are a short drive away from major mid-Atlantic cities including New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington D.C.
For more information please visit www.DiscoverNEPA.com and www.DiscoverLehighValley.com