Twin Falls, Idaho
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Foster City, California
Location: Loxahatchee, FL, USA
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: 208391584
Children's Hospital in the Palm Beaches
Pediatric Intensivist - Leadership Position
We are seeking a BC/BE pediatric intensivist to lead our growing practice as Medical Director at Palms West Hospital in Loxahatchee, FL.
- Palms West Hospital is an HCA facility, one of the largest private health systems in Florida
- 24-bed pediatric floor with a 10-bed PICU; the newborn nursery is managed by our NICU team
- Full fledged children's hospital with well represented sub-specialty service including an active hematology/oncology program with COG membership
- Includes an active pediatric sedation program
- Academic affiliation with a pediatric residency program with opportunities to mentor, teach and train pediatric residents
- 4-physician team providing 24/7 coverage of the PICU
- Rounding in hospital with call from home, there is also a call room available
- The surrounding community of Wellington and Loxahatchee are ranked on Florida best places to live and enjoy a reputation as a top equestrian community
In the heart of the Palm Beaches, Palms West Hospital, can be reached easily from anywhere in South Florida by the Florida Turnpike. The surrounding communities of Wellington, Royal Palm Beach and Loxahatchee all offer a remedy for congested city living. The stunning scenery of native ecosystems can still be found and home lot sizes average over an acre. Wellington is known as a world-famous equestrian community hosting Olympic level events and polo matches. The colorful culture and nightlife of downtown West Palm Beach and the international airport lie a mere 15 miles east. A variety of tropical beaches and legendary golf courses are all within a half hour drive. Whether you are seeking new culinary treats at top restaurants, a stroll through one of many outdoor malls, or a night at the region's largest music festival, the Palm Beaches offer many ways to live a cosmopolitan lifestyle.
The compensation and benefits referenced is for illustrative purposes only, and will be discussed during and after the interview process.
Effective November 1 st , 2021 Pediatrix will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices operating as PediatrixÂ® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation's leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group's high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patientÂ®. We invite you to join the PediatrixÂ® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.