Twin Falls, Idaho
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Foster City, California
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0019582
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The Department of Surgery at the University of Minnesota is seeking a board certified/eligible Cardiothoracic Surgeon at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank on an academic or master clinician track.
- Join a team of 9 cardiothoracic surgeons.
- Caseload will be a full range of cardiothoracic surgery including myocardial revascularization, valve replacement/repair, aortic reconstruction, minimally invasive procedures, left ventricular assist device (LVAD) implantation, and heart and lung transplantation.
- Strong technical and team skills are expected.
- The position will be based at the University of Minnesota and affiliated community hospitals.
- Participation in either heart or lung transplantation is expected based on individuals' skill set and interest.
- Research interests will be strongly encouraged
- Tenure, academic tenure track or master clinical track options.
- Candidate will be instructing at all levels and participate in scholarly activities as a full time member of the Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota
- For additional information, please contact Ranjit John, MD, Professor and Chief, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Division:
The Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery in the Department of Surgery was where the first open-heart surgery in the world was performed in 1952. Our surgeons continue this outstanding heritage with care of all cardiothoracic conditions, including those that are rare and complex. We use the latest innovations in heart surgery, such as minimally invasive heart surgery with robot-assisted techniques. We are an international leader in heart and lung transplantation as well as a center for end-stage heart failure device support. We are proud to continue the tradition of cardiac surgery innovation that serves Minnesota as well as the world.
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery certified/eligible.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME/AOA cardiothoracic surgery fellowship training program.
- Licensed or ability to acquire medical license and DEA in the State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of the VISA.
- Exceptional collaboration abilities with partners and staff.
- Understands and places importance on patient care/service.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and creative problem solver.
- Candidate should have a dedication to academic and teaching endeavors.
- Candidates should have experience in supporting medicine post-graduate fellowship training.
- Candidates should be recognized for provision of clinical excellence.
This role is dually employed and applicants should complete the corresponding application for this position here.
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota is among the largest and most prestigious public research universities in the nation. The University Medical School is a premier institution with a long history of leadership and discoveries that have changed the practice of medicine. The nearly 3,000 outstanding faculty members are committed to achieving excellence in research, clinical care, and developing the next generation of health professionals.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.