Santa Clara, California
Los Angeles, California
Cortland, New York
Woodland Hills, California
Los Angeles, California
Grass Valley, California
Fort Myers, Florida
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Location: Miami, Florida
Internal Number: 23957
Provide evidence-based assessment and intervention services for children and adolescents. Provides services with youth and their families focusing on early detection, differential diagnosis, and intervention for children with developmental disabilities such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, Intellectual Disability, Global Developmental Delay, Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Learning Disorder, disruptive behavior disorders, and less frequently internalizing disorders. Services are provided on an outpatient basis. Provider will work closely with Developmental Behavioral Pediatrician.
Job Specific Duties
- Completes therapist documentation and record keeping for quality, appropriateness, and completeness.
- Ensures all psychological treatment services demonstrate evidence-based outcomes.
- Completion of the initial psychosocial evaluation within the first 2 sessions including a DSM diagnosis, clinical observations, and recommendations in the form of a treatment plan.
- Provides direct care, psychological therapies, and evaluations to patients.
- Provides in-service training to staff, interns, students, hospital staff, and community.
- Responsible for reviewing and completing ongoing documentation and progress notes for each visit/session of the patients' treatment goals and patients' response to treatment on a timely basis.
- Schedules patient appointments and sessions within 24 hrs from assignment.
- Completes billing immediately after session. Maintains organized records which can be easily accessed in case of discrepancies
- Supports the development and expansion of psychology services to enhance revenue and reduce costs.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Doctorate Degree in Psychology
- Psychologist License in the State of Florida or license eligible in the State of Florida
- Crisis Prevention Institute - successfully complete CPI training - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment - required within 90 days of hire date
- CPR HEART - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment - required within 30 days of hire date
- Level II Background Check and Affidavit of Good Moral Character - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- APA/CPA accredited doctoral internship
- ABPP board certified or board eligible
- 1-3 years of experience in assessment and intervention of children and adolescents for developmental disabilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to problem solve to formulate a plan for psychological treatment and to evaluate the patients response to the implementation of the plan.
- Ability to work with patients and their families in a therapeutic manner.
- Competency in performing psychological assessments and producing written report.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to problem solve, to formulate a plan for treatment, education, and evaluate the patient's response to the implementation of the plan.
- Provide referrals when necessary for additional care, evaluation, or treatment.
- Collaborate with other professionals to provide the best care possible.
- Complete all necessary clinical documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure all services are completed according to relevant ethical and professional standards of care.
Job : Psychiatry
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Department : NCPS-PSYCHOLOGY SERVICES-3100-471756