Iron Mountain, Michigan
Morristown, New Jersey
Falls Church, Virginia
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Internal Number: 859360
Mercy LIFE of Alabama and Trinity Health PACE of Pensacola, members of Trinity Health, have an excellent full-time employment opportunity for a Board Certified Geriatric Medicine, Family Medicine, or Internal Medicine physician to serve as Medical Director for their locations in Mobile, Alabama and Pensacola, Florida.
The Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) model is centered on the belief that it is better for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in the community whenever possible.
PACE serves individuals who are age 55 or older, certified by their state to need nursing home care, able to live safely in the community at the time of enrollment and live in a PACE service area. While all PACE participants must be certified to need nursing home care to enroll in PACE, only about 7 percent of PACE participants nationally reside in a nursing home. If a PACE enrollee needs nursing home care, the PACE program pays for it and continues to coordinate the enrollee's care. We encourage fellowship and independence while serving seniors and their families with dignity and respect. Delivering all needed medical and supportive services, PACE is able to provide the entire continuum of care and services to seniors with chronic needs while maintaining their independence in their home for as long as possible.
Trinity Health PACE provides a competitive compensation and benefit package that compliments this opportunity for personal growth and professional advancement. Administrative supervision of this position will be that of the Executive Director.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Medical Director provides general medical direction and supervision of the medical aspects of participant care. The Medical Director is responsible for the delivery of participant care, clinical outcomes, and oversight of the Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) program. They are responsible for the development and maintenance of medical policies and procedures/standards and protocols. They provide direction and supervision to related Primary Care Providers (PCPs) and Advanced Practice Providers (APPs).
General responsibilities will include:
- Conduct history and physical on new participants and event-based and periodic reassessments. Develop medical treatment plan and provide medically necessary services in the range of locations in which participants may reside.
- Interview and evaluate applicants to PACE Organization and their caregivers and participate in the Intake and Assessment decision.
- Discuss each participant's medical conditions and prognosis with him/her and their caregiver to assist them in expressing their wishes and planning their future care.
- Execute assignments in a culture that is shared and collaborative across all divisions within TH PACE.
- Collaborate in the nursing treatment program of participants.
- Establish and/or maintain as a member of the leadership team a plan to achieve operating goals.
- Participate as an active member of PACE Organization interdisciplinary team. Educates and advises the team regarding the implications of diagnoses, cognitive and physical function, and treatment options.
- Participate in team and family conferences and decision-making processes.
- Educate participants and families regarding health maintenance and their chronic medical conditions, in cooperation with nursing staff.
- Supervise the health care and treatment program as developed by the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in provider on-call rotation as required.
Requirements for this opportunity include:
- Current and active physician license to practice in the states of Alabama and Florida required.
- Board Certification in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine required; Board Certification in Geriatrics preferred.
- Experience or added qualifications in Geriatrics preferred.
- CDS Certification and DEA Registration required.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience working with a frail or elderly population.
- Effective skills in physical assessment and chronic disease management for frail older adults.
- Desire to work in a creative alternate health care setting.
- Able to manage changing priorities according to participant needs.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right physician to lead the medical team at Mercy LIFE of Alabama and Trinity Health PACE of Pensacola.
Mercy LIFE of Alabama provides a competitive compensation and benefit package that compliments this opportunity for personal growth and professional advancement.ABOUT THE FACILITY
Called to the healing ministry of Jesus Christ and continuing the tradition of the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy LIFE of Alabama, a member of Trinity Health, is committed to providing excellent and innovative health services for the frail elders of our community, especially the poor and underserved. We strive to enable their autonomy and improve their quality of life, addressing the needs of the whole person within a culture of inclusion.
Mercy LIFE of Alabama is a PACE program (Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly). Mercy LIFE offers a full range of health care services for individuals who are eligible for nursing home care but want to live at home. PACE programs like Mercy LIFE believe it is better for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in the community whenever possible.
Mercy LIFE of Alabama is the sole provider of services and guarantees our Participants access to services, but not with any specific provider. All services are provided within our network of providers.
The Mercy LIFE of Alabama Health Center is where clinical and rehabilitative services are coordinated and participants visit, socialize and build meaningful relationships with doctors, nurses and other program participants. Transportation to and from the Center is coordinated for participants.
The program is able to provide care and services to seniors with chronic care needs while maintaining their independence in their homes for as long as possible. Care and services include:
- Adult day center that offers nursing; physical, occupational and recreational therapies; meals; nutritional counseling; social work and personal care
- Medical care provided by a LIFE doctor familiar with the history, needs and preferences of each participant
- Home health care and personal care
- All necessary prescription and over-the-counter drugs
- Social services
- Medical specialists such as audiology, dentistry, optometry, podiatry and speech therapy
- Respite care
PACE Participants may be fully and personally liable for the costs of unauthorized or out-of-PACE program agreement services.
Mercy LIFE of Alabama is a member of Trinity Health, the second largest Catholic Health System in the nation. Trinity Health is based in Livonia, Michigan.COMMUNITY DESCRIPTION
Mobile, Alabama is the county seat of Mobile County. Alabama's only saltwater port, Mobile is located on the Mobile River at the head of the Mobile Bay and the north-central Gulf Coast. The Port of Mobile has always played a key role in the economic health of the city, beginning with the settlement as an important trading center between the French colonists and Native Americans, down to its current role as the 12th-largest port in the United States.
Mobile is the principal municipality of the Mobile metropolitan area. This region of 412,992 residents is composed solely of Mobile County; it is the third-largest metropolitan statistical area in the state.
Considered one of the Gulf Coast's cultural centers, Mobile has several art museums, a symphony orchestra, professional opera, professional ballet company, and a large concentration of historic architecture. Mobile is known for having the oldest organized Carnival or Mardi Gras celebrations in the United States. Its French Catholic colonial settlers celebrated this festival from the first decade of the 18th century. Beginning in 1830, Mobile was host to the first formally organized Carnival mystic society to celebrate with a parade in the United States.
Pensacola, Florida, located in Florida's panhandle, is surrounded by 50-plus miles of coastline which includes the emerald-green Gulf of Mexico waters and crystal clear bay areas. This makes Pensacola the perfect combination of a relaxed beach town and bustling metropolitan center. The temperate, climate and a friendly community that is driven toward success present an unparalleled quality of life.
The city has a proud military heritage, thanks to the Naval Air Station. In addition to being the "Cradle of Naval Aviation," the Pensacola Bay Area is proud to call itself home to the renowned Blue Angels, officially known as the U.S. Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron. The local Pensacola International Airport offers nonstop air service to nine major U.S. cities, over 1300 domestic flights, and 21 international flights via six major airlines.
The many historical attractions in Pensacola are colorful and interesting. Historic Pensacola Village includes furnished period houses, several museums, and one of Florida's oldest churches. The Veterans Memorial Park contains the only permanent replica of Washington D.C.'s Vietnam Veterans Memorial. Visitors and residents alike also enjoy the Pensacola Lighthouse, the T.T. Wentworth, Jr. Florida State Museum, and the National Naval Aviation Museum.
A combination of rich history and cosmopolitan success make Downtown Pensacola the heart and soul of our city. From award-winning restaurants, unique boutiques, incredible event venues, to the multiple beautiful and historical parks, there are arts and cultural experiences at every turn.
Learn more about Pensacola: https://www.cityofpensacola.com.About Trinity Health
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. We serve people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with more than 90 hospitals and 100 continuing care facilities - including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities and programs that provide nearly two and a half million visits annually. Trinity Health employs more than 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800 employed physicians and clinicians.
Our mission: We, Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities. We support this mission by living our core values of Reverence, Commitment to Those Who are Poor, Justice, Stewardship, and Integrity. Committed to recruiting talented physicians, we are looking for physicians who share our values and want to help us fulfill the health care needs of the communities we serve.
At Trinity Health, we value the physician relationship and focus on partnering with our physicians. Whether you are a practicing physician looking to relocate or a medical resident, we offer opportunities with the flexibility to fit your individual needs. If you would like to be part of Trinity Health, we encourage you to explore this opportunity at www.trinity-health.org.
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to submit your CV, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Trinity Health Physician Recruitment at (734) 343-2300.