Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Carrollton, GA, USA
Houston, TX, USA
Greater Syracuse area, New York
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Location: Dallas, Texas
Internal Number: 23006082
Candidates should demonstrate dynamic leadership skills, be motivational and organized, possess excellent interpersonal skills, and project a visionary outlook. The Chief of Cardiovascular Surgery will report to the Chief Medical Officer at Baylor University Medical Center and have a close relationship with the hospital president, the Chief of Thoracic Surgery, and other hospital and system stakeholders.
Ideal candidates will be charged to develop robust and competitive programming around thoracic aortic surgery, valvular surgery, CABG, minimally invasive cardiac surgery, and advanced heart failure surgery (MCS and heart transplantation) with an eye to top-tier performance and USNWR recognition. Candidates will be responsible for developing collaborative relationships with other cardiac surgery programs in the Baylor Scott and White system, local and community cardiologists, and advanced heart failure cardiologists. Successful candidates should have a proven track record of leadership and program growth.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Examine, collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and examine records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients condition.
- Work as part of a clinical team of technicians, advanced practice professionals, and other physicians in conclusion making around tests, diagnoses and treatment options for patients with illnesses or diseases.
- Monitor patient conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Diagnoses and treats conditions in area of specialty.
- May work in hospital, specialty clinic or outpatient surgical center.
- May perform surgical procedures, treatment or non-invasive procedures in area of specialty.
- May create post-operative care plans, recommend lifestyle changes involving diet, exercise and other matters.
- Supervise the clinical activities of a care team that may consist of other providers, and allied health professionals.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- CME reimbursement and paid time off
- Excellent Relocation Assistance packages
- Lead the CV Surgery team in providing consultation, diagnosis, and a full range of surgical treatments for cardiovascular diseases in a compassionate and patient centered environment
- Role breakdown: 60% clinical/surgical and 40% administrative
- Strategically grow the CV practice with attention to exceptional patient outcomes and development of clinical expertise in specialty niches
- Guaranteed competitive salary that includes a generous relocation package, full health benefits, 401K, and a superb practice support infrastructure
- Employed, Full-time, position with Health Texas Provider Network (HTPN)- the employment arm of Baylor Scott & White
- Candidates must have leadership experience to apply.
- No visa sponsorship available.