Hackettstown, New Jersey
Hartford , Connecticut
Westport , Connecticut
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Morristown, New Jersey
Mount Kisco, New York
Location: Webster, TX, USA
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: 208435750
We are Growing, Come Join Us!
Exceptional Opportunity for an experienced Pediatric Hospitalist in the Houston Bay Area!
Pediatrix & Obstetrix Specialist of Houston are hiring 2 full-time pediatric hospitalists in partnership with HCA Houston Healthcare - Clear Lake. HCA Clear Lake is a leading pediatric provider in the Houston Bay Area. The hospital boasts a dedicated Pediatric Emergency Center, a 10 bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care, and a growing Well Newborn Service.
- The pediatric floor consists of 13 pediatric beds
- The hospital has a number of pediatric sub-specialists providing a wide-range of services
- The hospital has a dedicated pediatric PICC line team and anesthesia-lead sedated imaging
- Daily responsibilities will include rounding on Pediatric Unit as well as supervising/staffing Pediatric Nurse Practitioner team rounding in Well Newborn Nursery
- Occasionally, Pediatric Hospitalist will need to complete a newborn assessment when requested by Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- In partnership with The University of Houston College of Medicine, the pediatric hospitalist will be designation as volunteer faculty and be responsible for medical student supervision on the pediatric unit. Complete details upon interview.
- The average newborn census is 15-18 newborns/day
- No circumcisions
- 14-15 days/month; ~70hrs/week; 7a-5p, days only. Nighttime coverage provided by PICU providers
Proclaimed as the nation's fourth-largest city, Houston is a vibrant metropolis and home to the world-famous Texas Medical Center. When it comes to entertainment and recreation, Houston has much to offer, to include professional sports teams, a theater district and a museum district, hundreds of clubs and live music venues. The largest mall in Texas, The Galleria, is a shopper's paradise. Houston's sunny climate makes it easy to enjoy the city's municipal parks, jogging paths, and bike trails. Less than an hour away are piney woods, area lakes, Galveston Bay, and sunny Gulf Coast beaches that offer an abundance of activities. Boasting more than 100 different nationalities, Houston is one of the country's most diverse cities.
Webster is considered part of the Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown Metropolitan Area. Its proximity to the Space Center, as well as to Galveston's beaches, makes Webster an exciting place to live and explore. The city is said to boast "spine-tingling entertainment, a full spectrum of restaurants, electrifying nightlife and sensational shopping."
The compensation and benefits referenced is for illustrative purposes only, and will be discussed during and after the interview process.
Effective November 1 st , 2021 Pediatrix will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices operating as PediatrixÂ® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation's leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group's high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patientÂ®. We invite you to join the PediatrixÂ® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.