Iron Mountain, Michigan
Morristown, New Jersey
Falls Church, Virginia
San Antonio, Texas
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Location: Sayre, Pennsylvania
Internal Number: 850811
Guthrie is seeking a Program Director for its Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care Fellowship
A visionary leader with a passion for teaching is needed for our Pulmonary/Critical Care Fellowship program at Guthrie's main campus, a Level II Regional Trauma Center.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
We're glad you are interested in joining our team.
- Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine Board Certification required
- A minimum of 3-5 years' experience as Core Faculty in ACGME-accredited Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine fellowship
- In addition to fulfilling the technical aspects of the role, the incumbent must also serve as a role model of professionalism
- Passion for teaching and mentoring physicians in training
- Eligibility for unrestricted PA and NY state license
- Possess strong administrative and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Highlights of the Position
- Responsible for the overall organization, implementation, and supervision of the Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship
- Coordinate and oversee activities related to recruitment, selection, instruction, teaching, research, clinical care, supervision, counseling, evaluation, advancement of fellows, and the maintenance of records related to program accreditation
- Submit accurate and complete information required and requested by the DIO, GMEC, and ACGME
- Oversee and ensure the quality of didactic and clinical education
- Robust EHR used in all areas, including operating room (EPIC 10-Star health system, top 1% of EPIC Organizations)
- Work collaboratively with other medical subspecialty fellowship program directors to ensure compliance with the ACGME accreditation standards
- Ensure that the fellowship does not place excessive reliance on fellows for service as opposed to education
- Responsible for other administrative duties as assigned
- Generous paid time off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Malpractice/Liability Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Reimbursement of licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study (includes 10 weekdays and two weekends)
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities - Guthrie has 6 residency programs. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, Academic Appointment available
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Dedicated on-boarding specialist and provider services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
For more information, contact Krisi VanTassel at Krisi.VanTassel@guthrie.org, or by calling (570) 887-5203.
About the Hospital
A 254-bed tertiary care referral center, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, Pa., is the recipient of numerous national awards for the high quality care it provides to patients. The hospital is a Regional Level II Trauma Center, accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation, and is served by Guthrie Air, a regional aeromedical helicopter program. Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital offers a full range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including:
- Guthrie Breast Care Center
- Guthrie Cancer Center
- Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center
- Guthrie Musculoskeletal Services
- Guthrie Imaging Services
- Guthrie Specialty Eye Care
- Guthrie Surgical Services
- Guthrie Weight Loss Center
- Level II Trauma Center
- Medical/surgical and intensive care services
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie's central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.