Las Vegas, Nevada
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Port Orchard, Washington
Yonkers, New York
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Albany - Troy, New York
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Poughkeepsie, New York
Cortland, New York
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Stafford Springs, Connecticut
Rhinebeck, New York
Fairlawn, New Jersey
Syracuse, New York
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Internal Number: 121466044
OptumCare Lung and Allergy Care is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work. (sm)
OptumCare Lung and Allergy Care has an exciting practice opportunity for a board-certified or board-eligible Pulmonologist at one of our Las Vegas, Nevada clinics. This is an employed practice position.
- Provide care that is compassionate, appropriate, and effective for the treatment of pulmonary related health problems
- Compliance with all coding and documentation requirements
- Practice evidence-based medicine
- See patients primarily in outpatient setting with some inpatient responsibilities. Limited inpatient responsibilities will include consultation and follow-up of clinic patients. No ICU exposure is anticipated
- Outpatient practice involves managing patients with the usual respiratory diseases and sleep disorders
- PFT’s will be performed in the outpatient clinic utilizing three respiratory therapists under the supervision of Pulmonologist
- Providing night and weekend coverage is equally distributed amongst all providers will depend on the number of physicians in the Pulmonary Department
- Developing protocols for the management of Pulmonary Diseases
- Working alongside two board certified Allergists within the practice
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Board certified/Board eligible M.D. or D.O. in Specialty
- Active and unrestricted medical license in the State of Nevada or ability to obtain prior to employment
- DEA License or ability to obtain
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Sleep medicine certification preferred but is not required
- Scientific knowledge, scientific method of problem solving, evidence-based decision making, understands and treats diseases of the pulmonary system
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
We offer patient care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of health. Our employees work with professionalism, as manifested through a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to a diverse patient population.
We run a systems-based practice, as manifested by actions that demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value.
We offer an attractive compensation package, sign on bonus, quarterly bonus plan, and comprehensive fringe benefits package; including medical, dental, and life insurance, STD/LTD, professional liability malpractice insurance, matching 401K, twenty days paid vacation, 5 days paid CME with $4500 allowance. Differential for supervision of extenders.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $322,220 to $510,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.