Hartford , Connecticut
Corpus Christi, Texas
Corpus Christi, Texas
Mason City, Iowa
Bucks County-Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Ann Arbor - Canton - Livonia, Michigan
Aspen Hill, Maryland
Troy, New York
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Martinsville, New Jersey
Albany, New York
Oakland County, Michigan
Location: Hartford , Connecticut
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: CCMC-Uro
On behalf of Dr. Christine Finck, Surgeon-in-Chief / Peter Deckers Endowed Chair of Surgery and Daniel Herz MD, Division of Urology at Connecticut Children’s Hospital, CareerPhysician, LLC, a leader in academic pediatric recruitment, has initiated a national search to identify a high caliber faculty urologist to join their growing team with opportunity to advance the missions and reputation of a U.S News and World Reports ranked program.
The leadership group is committed to a culture defined by quality medicine driven by evidence-based practice, consistent and clear communication amongst all team members, commitment to fostering growth for all team members to pursue career interests and an environment that is challenging and rewarding.
- Connecticut Children’s is the state’s only stand-alone children’s hospital. The Division of Urology is home to four faculty, including 2 outstanding physician faculty, 2 urology trained APPs, and 3 RNs with a combined 20 years of urology experience and a research assistant dedicated to serving children throughout Connecticut, Western Massachusetts, and Eastern New York - approximately 1,000,000 child lives.
- We believe this to be one of the top faculty positions in Pediatric Urology, offering the selected physician a chance to participate in research, program development and significantly impact the delivery of urology care throughout the region. The division is well supported with state-of-the-art imaging resources, including 3T magnet, Da Vinci Xi, contrast ultrasound and a video urodynamics suite.
- In addition to general pediatric urology, the leadership group envisions opportunities for continued growth in stones endoscopy, neuro urology and uro-oncology for surgeons who have these niche interests.
- Connecticut Children’s pediatric urology service is home to a multi-specialty disciplinary clinic for stones, Spina bifida, and Disorders of Sexual Development. Physicians and researchers are actively involved in clinical and translational research related to outcomes and treatment for urethral healing as well as hydronephrosis, solitary kidney, ureteropelvic junction obstruction, hypospadias, and conditions which affect bladder function such as neurogenic bladder, spina bifida and exstrophy.
- The urology division is part of a regional exstrophy collaboration, serves as critical support to a comprehensive fertility preservation program, offers basic science research, and serves as an instrumental teaching service for residents at UCONN SOM.
- The compensation structure and package will be highly competitive, based on rank and prior academic contributions.
For more details about this opportunity, or if you would like to recommend an individual(s) who exemplifies the qualities we are seeking in a candidate, please contact Mark Lozano at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 469-553-9311. All inquiries will remain confidential, and no inquiries will be made without the consent of the applicant.
Connecticut Children’s Medical Center is an AA/EOE/ADA employer committed to excellence through diversity.
MD/DO or MD, PhD
BC/BE Pediatric Urology