Clyde, North Carolina
Winter Garden, FL, USA
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Pasadena, TX, USA
Coos Bay, Oregon
Round Rock, Texas
Grand Junction, CO
Lone Tree, CO, USA
Los Angeles, California
College Station, Texas
Gaffney, South Carolina
Fort Collins, CO
Location: Lewistown, Pennsylvania
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: R-39272
Job SummaryJoin Geisinger's growing team of Pulmonary/Critical Care physicians, practicing state-of-the-art medicine with support from its excellent Advanced Practice Providers, Pharmacists and Nursing staff. Practice Pulmonary and Critical Care in the State College Region, which includes Geisinger Healthplex State College in Port Matilda, PA, and Geisinger Lewistown Hospital in Lewistown, PA. Physicians may live in State College and practice at these locations!
- Work in a collegial team of extremely kind and welcoming providers
- Combination of Pulmonary/Critical Care with 3 weeks of Pulmonary clinic and 1 week of Critical Care/month
- 1-2 weeks of Pulmonary Medicine Clinic at Geisinger Healthplex in Port Matilda, PA
- 1-2 weeks of Pulmonary Medicine Clinic in Lewistown, PA
- 1 week of Critical Care Medicine at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital
- Competitive compensation package, incredible benefits and generous retirement
- State College, home to Penn State University, offers a diverse culture, excellent public schools with options for private or charter schools
- Endless options for dining, theatre, sports and recreation, nightlife and more
- Outstanding outdoor activities including hiking, biking, fishing with numerous state parks within a short driving distance
- State College is the 8th best city in the United States to move to as well as one of the best to raise a family
- University Park airport provides easy travel opportunities
GEISINGER LEWISTOWN HOSPITAL: is a 123-bed acute care community hospital serving the 80,000 residents of Mifflin and Juniata counties and members of the contiguous counties of Centre, Perry, Snyder and Huntingdon. Established in 1905, the hospital provides inpatient, outpatient, wellness and community services while employing over 1,000 full-time and part-time employees and providing a medical staff consisting of more than 150 physicians and allied health practitioners representing specialties ranging from family medicine, internal medicine and cardiology to infectious disease and general/cardiovascular surgery.
GEISINGER HEALTHPLEX STATE COLLEGE: is located just 5 miles from State College, PA. It is the largest multi-specialty clinic in the Geisinger System at 144,000 square feet and hosts a multitude of specialty clinics as well as a state-of-the-art outpatient surgery and endoscopy center. State College is consistently ranked as one of the top college towns and communities in America. Home of Penn State University, the downtown area is vibrant with the feel of a small city yet all the comforts of a small town. From arts and entertainment, sporting events, family activities, and a wealth of restaurants and nightlife venues, State College has no shortage of things to do.
EducationDoctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Medical Doctor - State of Pennsylvania
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.