Northern & Central California, California
Las Vegas, Nevada, Nevada
Hopewell Junction, New York
Albany, New York
Orlando, Florida, Florida
Fishkill, New York
Sacramento, CA, USA
Orlando, Florida, Florida
Troy, New York
Hampton, Virginia, Virginia
Caribou, Maine, Maine
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Dripping Springs, Texas
Louisville, Kentucky, Kentucky
Mountain Home, Idaho
Santa Rosa, California
Chappaqua, New York
Mason City, Iowa
Location: Shawnee Mission, Kansas
Internal Number: 23014483
Cardiac Device Management Technician – AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time Days
Shift: Monday – Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Location: Shawnee Mission Building
9119 W. 74th Street; Suite 350 Merriam, KS 66207
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Cardiac Device Management Technician (CDMT) is responsible for monitoring cardiac rhythms and rhythm EKG analysis accurately for all Pacemaker, ICD, ILR, & Lifevest patients. Responsible for following device protocols set by the Electrophysiologist based on industry standards related to interrogating, interpreting, and re-programming cardiac devices with minimal physician supervision. Remote evaluation of online information, retrieval and triage of that information, preparing full disclosure reports for physician evaluation and approval for entry to EMR. Additional monitoring duties may include telephone triage reviewing medical history, recording vital signs, and the ability to communicate critical events or findings to the physicians directly. Troubleshoot critical device issues and take immediate steps toward resolution.
for management. Serves as a liaison to department directors in financial matters. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Required to interrogate, interpret, and re-program cardiac devices providing full disclosure reports for physician’s approval and entry to EMR.
· Monitor and evaluate critical cardiac rhythms and rhythm EKG analysis in-person and from remote transmissions based on global billing periods.
· Monitor heart failure reports remotely for ICD and CRT devices monthly providing full disclosure reports to the cardiologist per notification protocol for approval and entry to EMR.
· Evaluate remote alerts daily from all device websites, retrieval and triage of that information, preparing full disclosure reports for physician approval based on notification protocols.
· Determine when adequate test results have been obtained and consult supervisor when the results are not adequate.
· Be able to communicate critical findings to supervisor or the physician directly immediately.Qualifications
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· High School graduate or equivalent
· 1 year of experience analyzing and reprogramming cardiac devices Pacemakers, ICD, and ILR on-the-job training or completion of an approved CDMT program
· Experience reviewing and managing remote device transmissions.
· BLS Certification