Clyde, North Carolina
Winter Garden, FL, USA
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Pasadena, TX, USA
Coos Bay, Oregon
Round Rock, Texas
Grand Junction, CO
Lone Tree, CO, USA
Los Angeles, California
College Station, Texas
Gaffney, South Carolina
Fort Collins, CO
Location: Washington, D.C.
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: 3
The Washington DC VA Medical Center, where serving our nations heroes is our number one priority, is looking for a Section Chief, Hematology Oncology. The physician must be able to perform all services required in the practice of Hematology and oncology in the context of the VA system. To include participation and oversight of staff physicians, fellows, NP’s, and Physician Assistants; assess patient care performance measures, compliance, training, and performance improvement, as well as participation in system redesign activities. This is a full-time position in level 1b facility and provides tertiary level care for other facilities in VISN 5. The incumbent will join our five full time physicians, PA, NP, pharmacists, SW, and work with partners from our academic affiliates in providing care and education.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following functions:
- Patient care in both acute and non-urgent care settings, to include outpatient clinic and inpatient coverage of patients with heme/onc diseases.
- Provide telehealth, use of VVC or CVT technology, e-consults
- Research opportunities in hematology and oncology
- Academic training of medical students, medical residents, and Fellows.
- Board certification in Internal Medicine and Hematology/Oncology is required, as is leadership and academic experience.
- Standard working hours including participation in weekend call with inpatient rounding
- Provide administrative oversight of the section, to ensure compliance with VA policies, attention to quality improvement, and patient access
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive: Authorized
Education Debt Reduction Program (Student Loan Repayment): Authorized. Learn more.
EDRP Authorized: Contact VISN5EDRPWashingtonDC@va.gov, for questions/assistance
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases
Paid Time Off: 50-55 days of paid time off per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 11 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement)
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory
CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement (must be full-time with board certification)
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm, Subject to change depending on the needs of the service.