Northern & Central California, California
Poughkeepsie, New York
Las Vegas, Nevada, Nevada
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Albany, New York
Orlando, Florida, Florida
Fishkill, New York
Sacramento, CA, USA
Orlando, Florida, Florida
Riverhead, New York
Port Jefferson, New York
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0015818
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The University of Minnesota Department of Neurology and M Health Fairview seek a Vascular Neurologist on a research career development track to join our dynamic, rapidly growing cerebrovascular team. This position will join a network of specialist academic physicians, fellows, residents, and APPs, providing the highest standard of care across our health system which includes a comprehensive stroke center, thrombectomy-capable stroke center, primary stroke center, and six acute stroke ready hospitals. Clinically, this position requires the highest level of vascular neurology expertise to care for complex cerebrovascular patients in person and via telestroke.
This position is a three-year track supporting those who wish to develop into clinician scientists. It is structured similarly to an NIH career development award with protected time for research career development:
- Year 1 includes 50% protected time for research career development and participation in the NIH StrokeNet Research Fellowship
- Years 2 and 3 includes at least 25% protected time with flexibility based upon the applicant's career goals and additional internal funding garnered during Year 1
When on clinical service faculty will:
- Provide direct inpatient and outpatient care for patients with stroke and other complex cerebrovascular conditions.
- Support a robust telemedicine network including integrated longitudinal inpatient care and emergent stroke consultation across our entire health network.
- Collaborate with our neurocritical intensivists, cerebrovascular neurosurgeons, and neuro-interventionalists throughout the continuum of care
- Lead innovative QI processes promoting continuous improvement in patient care and novel healthcare delivery paradigms.
- Integrate education formally and informally into clinical practice. Our trainees include stroke, neurocritical care, and endovascular surgical neuroradiology fellows, stroke research fellows, residents, and medical students.
During protected time for research faculty will:
- Complete selected coursework within the University of Minnesota's nationally-ranked School of Public Health including methodology and grant-writing courses. Intention to complete a Master's Degree in clinical research is high encouraged and tuition costs are supported by the Stroke Program.
- Work on mentored, self-initiated research projects with the goal of submission for further grant-funding.
- Have the opportunity to lead pivotal local, national, and international clinical trials.
- Additional opportunities for research, teaching, and leadership may be available for qualified applicants.
This position supports O1 visa waiver candidates.
For our full-time clinical Vascular Neurology position, click here:
What We offer:
Excellent academic support for faculty including statistical support, research mentorship, and dedicated system-wide stroke research databases.
- The University of Minnesota is a regional coordinating center for the NIH Stroke Network with established clinical research infrastructure. We are currently top enrollers in multiple, ongoing, pivotal phase-III clinical stroke trials.
- An emphasis on education with considerable conference and didactic time dedicated to training three vascular neurology fellows annually, in addition to our residents, medical students, stroke research fellows, and stroke specialist APPs.
- In recognition of the intensity of 24-7 state-of-the-art cerebrovascular care, our stroke program is transitioning to a shift model which will eliminate nearly all overnight call. This change embodies our continued commitment to a sustainable, positive work environment that supports excellence in academic, educational, and non-clinical pursuits.
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits support all aspects of well-being.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness-qualifying employer.
Expertise should be comprised of a medical degree and completion of an ACGME-accredited neurology residency and vascular neurology fellowship. A commitment to educating trainees and contributing to clinical research is essential. Prior telestroke experience is not required, but the individual should possess a strong interest in telemedicine and a desire to work collaboratively to provide for the cerebrovascular needs of patients at M Health Fairview.
Qualified applicants must also possess the following:
- Current or eligible, unrestricted Minnesota State Medical License
- Board Certified Physician or Board Eligible Physician. If not yet certified, expectation is to acquire certification within 2 years of hire.
- This position supports qualified J1 Applicants
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota is among the largest and most prestigious public research universities in the nation. The University Medical School is a world-class institution with a long history of leadership and discoveries that have changed the practice of medicine. The nearly 3,000 outstanding faculty members are committed to achieving excellence in research, clinical care, and developing the next generation of health professionals.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.