Hopewell Junction, New York
Albany, New York
Sacramento, CA, USA
El Dorado Hills, California
Kingston, New York
Mountain Home, Idaho
Mason City, Iowa
Charleston, WV, USA
Port Jervis, New York
Southwest FL, Florida
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Turnersville, NJ, USA
Santa Rosa, California
Location: Jacksonville, FL, USA
Internal Number: 217676763
Job ID: 2022-33970
Type: Physician - Pediatrician/Pediatric Hospitalist
# of Openings: 1
Exciting Pediatric Hospitalist Opportunity! Sunny Florida!
We are seeking a BC/BE Pediatrician with a special interest and skills in high-risk newborn care to join our Jacksonville Neonatology team.
- Must be NRP certified and skilled in Neonatal Resuscitation from 28 weeks and beyond
- Skills required include ETT placement, UAC and UVC, LPâ™s and peripheral arterial lines
- Provide care in Level 2 NICU and Newborn Nursery with Neonatology back-up
- Rotate between 2 HCA hospitals. One hospital has @ 1600 deliveries/year and the other @ 1000/year
- Provide coverage of C-sections and deliveries
- In-house coverage working 16 and/or 24 shifts
- This is an ideal opportunity for a Pediatric Hospitalist with proficiency in neonatal care looking for shift work scheduling
- We have an amazing group of Neoâ™s, Pediatricians, NNP and PAâ™s who work well together so âœteam playerâ essential
Jacksonville, the largest city in land area in the continental United States, is a rapidly growing metropolitan city in Northeast Florida. Along with miles of beaches and waterways, the active and passive parks preservation lands are a key part of the regionâ™s quality of life. Jacksonville boasts a first-rate school system and is also home to several âœBest High Schoolsâ, referencing the U.S. News and World Report. With its convenient location, mild climate, reasonable cost of living, high quality of life, diverse cultural and recreational opportunities and high quality of life, Jacksonville continues to distinguish itself as one of the nation's most dynamic and progressive cities. There is no state income tax in Florida.
The compensation and benefits referenced is for illustrative purposes only, and will be discussed during and after the interview process.
Effective November 1st, 2021 Pediatrix will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices operating as PediatrixÂ® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nationâ™s leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The groupâ™s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patientÂ®. We invite you to join the PediatrixÂ® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.