Clyde, North Carolina
Winter Garden, FL, USA
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Pasadena, TX, USA
Coos Bay, Oregon
Round Rock, Texas
Grand Junction, CO
Lone Tree, CO, USA
Los Angeles, California
College Station, Texas
Gaffney, South Carolina
Fort Collins, CO
Location: Portland, Indiana
Internal Number: 55748
Want to provide challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient? Join our growing and compassionate team at Indiana University Health. We are seeking a Supplemental Emergency Medicine Physician to collaborate with our highly skilled team at IU Health Jay Hospital in Portland, IN. This position will include both clinical and academic components in our academic health center located downtown. Become a part of our supportive, collegial network of dedicate providers!
- Supplemental 100% clinical
- Supplemental scheduling offering more flexibility
- Outstanding clinical opportunity with an academic system and affiliation with Indiana University School of Medicine
- Candidate must be BC or BE in Emergency Medicine
- Strong interpersonal skills preferred
See how you can thrive, right here at Indiana University Health
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,200 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state (including 16 hospitals), is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,200 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 25 years in a row, including six specialties among the top 50 in the nation or high performing
- Riley Hospital for Children is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana
- Preferred by consumers and referring physicians as the best health system overall in Indiana
- One of the largest employers in Indiana with over 38,000 team members, and named one of the Best Employers by State by Forbes in 2022
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Portland, Indiana is rural community located in East Central Indiana. The community offers diversity in economic development, employment and education along with affordable housing.
- A beautiful downtown provides unique shopping in the many historic buildings and also offers a deeper look at the city’s past history
- Family parks and nature preserves offer relaxing afternoons and invigorating recreation
- The Arts Place is the premier community arts facility of the region which includes a theatre, art galleries, classrooms and studios and is also home of the “Landscape’s Legacy”, a one-of-a-kind tile relief mural
- Fun community events take place in the summer such as the Tri-State Gas Engine Show – the world’s largest, a Vintage Bike Show – the nation’s largest, and the Annual Gathering of the Great Lakes Nations Pow Wow – which celebrates the Native American culture and history through traditional demonstrations including drums, dances, and displays of Native American items
- 50 minutes to Ft. Wayne, 90 minutes to Indianapolis, and 150 minutes to Chicago