Clyde, North Carolina
Winter Garden, FL, USA
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Pasadena, TX, USA
Coos Bay, Oregon
Round Rock, Texas
Grand Junction, CO
Lone Tree, CO, USA
Los Angeles, California
College Station, Texas
Gaffney, South Carolina
Fort Collins, CO
Location: Muncie, Indiana
Internal Number: 1711
Indiana University Health Ball Memorial Hospital, part of the largest and most comprehensive healthcare system in Indiana, is seeking an Adult Neurologist to join our nationally recognized team in the beautiful, suburban area of Muncie, Indiana. Ball Memorial Hospital was proud to receive the American Heart Association’s Gold Plus Get With The Guidelines® – Stroke quality achievement award and the American Heart Association’s Target: StrokeSM Honor Roll Advanced Therapy award in 2022. Participation in Get With The Guidelines is a win for our system, families and communities.
- Practice with two other Neurologists and one Physician Assistant within two locations, including the hospital and attached clinic
- Offering work-life balance with call 1:4; shared among physicians
- Mix of inpatient and outpatient responsibilities
- Perform one week of inpatient service (376 bed hospital) at a time, separating office and inpatient work
- Potential procedures include EEG, EMG and sleep studies
- Opportunities to be creative with role and assist with teaching and research
- American Board Eligible or Board Certified in Neurology
- Visa sponsorship available; H-1B or J-1
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, vacation, CME allowance, relocation assistance and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage
See how you can thrive, right here at Indiana University Health - Call/Text me today to discuss our compensation offer!
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider opportunities await with Indiana University Health Ball Memorial Physicians.
IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians represents more than 45 medical specialties and is part of the larger Indiana University Health System. The physicians, advanced providers and staff are committed to providing patient-focused, quality care at convenient locations throughout East Central Indiana.
IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians is the largest non-government employer in East Central Indiana, employing nearly 3,000 people (including a clinical staff of more than 400 physicians). We've introduced healthcare to underserved populations and geographic areas such as Upland, New Castle and Hartford City and given consumers choices in their healthcare.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital, the region’s main campus, is both a teaching hospital and regional tertiary referral center. The Edmund F. Ball Medical Education Center offers the largest physician-teaching program in Indiana outside of Indianapolis, with three residency programs. The hospital is affiliated with the Indiana University School of Medicine and serves as an educational site for the first two years of medical school, and provides low-cost medical care for 25,000 patient visits each year.
As part of Indiana University Health, IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians is a member of Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system. Our unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation's leading medical schools, gives patients access to innovative treatments and therapies. Our exceptional care and continued excellence have been recognized by U.S. News and World Report for the past 25 years. That means IU Health continues to be ranked among the best healthcare systems in the nation, and the top healthcare system in Indiana.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
Get to know IU Health Ball in this video!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is a 350-bed hospital and is designated as a level 3 trauma center. It is both a teaching hospital and a regional tertiary referral center. Over the last decade, the hospital has undergone a $130 million remodel, scheduled for completion in 2022.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital provides top-quality care and has been awarded with more than 35 top national and international awards to prove its efforts. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is the first Indiana hospital to receive NIAHO accreditation for compliance with Medicare rules, the first Indiana hospital to earn the American Heart Association Award for stroke care, and the first Indiana hospital to be awarded with ISO 9001:2000 Certification. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is also the third Indiana hospital to obtain “Baby-Friendly” designation from Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) for its commitment to infant health.
For 2022-2023, U.S. News and World Report has ranked IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital as high performing six procedures/conditions and as one of the Best Maternity Hospitals.
Since the early 1980s, physicians and staff members have been actively involved in national and international medical research studies, particularly in the areas of oncology, cardiology and coagulation.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
Enjoy an affordable cost of living in Muncie, Indiana, while taking advantage of the many world-class amenities this community has to offer. One visit to Muncie, rich with history, recreation and festivals, will win you over!
- Home of Ball State University, offering exceptional education, collegiate sports and entertainment
- Arts and culture for all ages at the Muncie Civic Theatre, Minnetrista cultural center, David Owsley Museum of Art, Oakhurst Gardens and the Muncie Symphony Orchestra
- Some of Indiana's top-ranked schools, including the Indiana Academy for Science, Math and Humanities, the Burris Laboratory School and Yorktown Community Schools
- Ranked by Niche in 2022 as one of the top 20 counties to live in Indiana
- Family-friendly activities at the Museum of Art, Muncie Children's Museum, Planetarium, and the National Model Aviation Museum (one of the country's largest)
- Outdoor recreation includes boating, fishing and camping at the Prairie Creek Reservoir, hop on the state's longest span of recreational trails on the Cardinal Greenway, and golf amongst the champions at the Players Club Golf Course or Delaware Country Club
- Wineries, unique shopping and local cuisine, and outdoor music and food festivals
- Named as one of the National Civic League's 2020 All-America Cities for the community's dedication to civic engagement and innovation
- Quick drive to Indianapolis and the suburbs of Fishers and Noblesville, as well as Chicago and Cincinnati