Yonkers, New York
Valhalla, New York
Summit, New Jersey
Dublin, Georgia, Georgia
Internal Number: 604082
Inova Health System is expanding our Women's Health services and we are seeking an outstanding OB/GYN physician to join us at Inova Women's Hospital within Inova Fairfax Medical Campus. This versatile position includes working as an OB Laborist and/or on different shifts as an Obstetric Emergency room physician. The ideal candidate will be a more seasoned candidate, and a great team player. Opportunities exist for working with multiple OB/GYN professional teams including Maternal Fetal Medicine providers, private practice providers as well as both medical students and residents. In your role as a clinical OB Laborist you will be working directly with OB physicians who sign up to have you manage their patients for the 12 hour shift or as needed on our 33 bed Labor and Delivery Unit. As an OB Emergency physician, you will work in a 13 bed Triage/OBED which accepts patients at any gestational age and up to six weeks post-partum with obstetric complaints.
Inova Women's Services has one of the largest obstetric programs in the metropolitan Washington, D.C., area with more than 10,000 births at Inova Women's Hospital and a total of more than 20,000 across the entire Inova system. Philanthropy supports our physicians, nurses and staff who are experts in high-risk or complicated pregnancies, including treating women with pre-existing conditions and those carrying multiple infants. Inova's gynecology programs are ranked among the nation's best by US News & World Report. We have dedicated operating rooms as well as recovery facilities and have access to the latest clinical trials and state of the art technology.
- Board eligible/board certified in OB/GYN
- Hold or able to retain a Virginia state medical license and full Inova privileges
- Hospital employed position
- Competitive guaranteed salary and incentive component
- Full benefits, including, health, dental, vision and life
- Annual CME support
- Licensure and DEA reimbursement
Inova Women's Program Highlights:
- New OB Laborist Program for IFMC
- Phased approach to providing coverage for independent physicians
- 12 Hour shifts with expansion to 24 Hour Shifts
- 24/7 Coverage of Obstetric Emergency Department
- 24/7 Anesthesia Support
- Collaborative support with multiple OB/GYN teams
About Inova Fairfax Medical Campus:
- 923 beds total and approximately 225 beds within Inova Women's
- US News 2021 ranked #1 Hospital in DC and Virginia
- Inova Fairfax Hospital is ranked #6 in the nation for Gynecology by U.S. News & World Report.
- Only Level I Trauma Center in Northern Virginia- Inova Fairfax Hospital Emergency Department receives about 88,000 patients each year.
- 13 bed OB Emergency Department/OB Triage receives on average 900 patients per month
- Level 4 NICU
- "A" from The Leapfrog Group's Hospital Safety Grade
- Diverse Patient Population
- Proximity to Washington DC (Large Metropolitan Area)
- Top 50 Hospitals in the US for Neonatology