Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: 609103
Join our Pediatric Dermatology Team! Clinical duties will include outpatient clinics at Phoenix Children’s Thomas Campus as well as satellite locations, inpatient consultations, shared call and teaching to rotating pediatric and dermatology residents as well as medical students. Phoenix Children’s also has an ACGME-approved fellowship program in pediatric dermatology. Staff physicians work individually with our fellows in training on a regular basis. Opportunities for designated laser and surgical time are available, working alongside pediatric anesthesiologists. Clinical research is encouraged. Salary is competitive for an academic pediatric dermatology position, along with a sign-on bonus and relocation funds. Phoenix Children’s also offers an excellent benefits package.Phoenix Children’s dermatology has a very busy service with four attending physicians, advanced practice providers, and two designated dermatology nurses. We currently staff two satellite clinics in surrounding communities. Presently we perform approximately 2500 outpatient consults/year, over 450 new patient visits and manage 150 inpatient consult visits/year. Our department spearheads monthly multidisciplinary clinics (MDC) including Vascular Anomalies Clinic, Congenital and Genetic Skin Disease Clinic, Comprehensive Allergy and Dermatology Clinic and Epidermolysis Bullosa Clinic. Opportunities to grow other specialized clinics and participation in other hospital-wide MDCs exist.
The staff physician shall provide patient care services and will support the PCH mission of providing hope, healing and the best health care for children and their families.
- MD or DO degree. (Required)
- Current Arizona License to Practice Medicine or the ability to obtain prior to start date. (Required)
- Board certified/Board Eligible in the appropriate specialty. (Required)
- The ability to move freely from facility to facility, as well as, the ability to move freely throughout facilities and examine patients. (Required)
- The ability to communicate by telephone, computer or other communication devices. (Required)
- The ability to perform after hours or night call responsibilities as needed. (Required)
- The ability to work regularly scheduled work hours. (Required)
- The ability to work well under pressure. (Required)