Mineola, New YorkPalliative Medicine Physician - Faculty Position
Long Island, New York
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for excellence in clinical care, research, and education.
Located in the heart of Manhattan, with additional facilities throughout the New York City area, NYU Langone consists of six inpatient locations:
- Tisch Hospital, our acute-care facility
- Kimmel Pavilion, our newly opened, state-of-the-art healthcare facility
- NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, formerly known as Hospital for Joint Diseases, a dedicated inpatient orthopedic hospital
- Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital at NYU Langone, which provides pediatric inpatient care, outpatient care, procedural and surgical services, the KiDS Emergency Department, and multiple ambulatory services
- NYU Langone Hospital—Brooklyn, formerly known as NYU Lutheran Medical Center, a full-service teaching hospital and Level 1 Trauma Center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn
- NYU Winthrop Hospital – formerly Winthrop University Hospital, on Long Island
Specialists at NYU Langone treat a full range of medical conditions in both inpatient and outpatient settings at locations throughout New York City’s five boroughs; Long Island; New Jersey; and Florida. Outpatient care also includes the Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, one of the largest Federally Qualified Health Center networks in the nation.
Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated cancer center, recognized for its basic laboratory, translational, and clinical research. Its five primary research areas include cancer genome dynamics, cancer cell biology, melanoma, tumor immunology, and epidemiology and cancer control.
Since 1841, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history, and again ranked among the top 10 in the nation for research on the 2020 U.S. News & World Report “Best Graduate Schools” rankings. Last year, NYU Grossman School of Medicine announced its tuition-free initiative, awarding all students enrolled in its MD degree program full-tuition scholarships so students can pursue their dreams without the burden of student debt.
We are a great place to work, but a better place to grow – but don’t just take our word for it! In the last year alone, we have received the following accolades and appeared on the following lists:
- Indeed – Top Rated WorkPlace
- Glassdoor – Best Places to Work
- Working Mother – 100 Best Companies
- Diversity Inc. – Top 6 Hospitals & Health Systems
- Dave Thomas – Adoption Friendly WorkPlaces
As an organization, we’ve also been recognized as:
- Honor Roll Hospital from US News & World Reports:
- LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leader from Health Equality Index
- Magnet Hospital from American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
In addition, the NYU Grossman School of Medicine in 2020 was named #4 medical school in the nation for research.
NYU Langone Health offers a comprehensive and competitive range of benefits and perks that invite comparison with the best employers in the New York area and with academic institutions nationwide. Our benefits program recognizes that as life changes, so do the needs of our employees. That’s why employees of NYU Langone Health are able to choose the plans that best fit their stage of life, family situation and more – from health and medical; to paid time off and everything in between.